Jeffco Sheriff Suspect Search in Evergreen Lifted

24 Jan 2018 13:03 #1 by MountainTownAlerts
Jeffco Sheriff Verified account @jeffcosheriffco 5 minutes ago
UPDATE: CodeRed lifted in Evergreen for the search of a Gilpin County vehicle theft suspect. A brown Dodge Ram pickup truck was stolen from the 28000 block of Meadowlark Drive in Evergreen and we believe the suspect is no longer in the area.
From earlier:
Suspect Search in Evergreen

Right now JCSO and Colorado State Patrol are currently searching for an auto theft suspect in the area of Swede Gulch and I-70 near the Wal-Mart.

Residents are advised to shelter in place. JCSO PIOs are en route to media staging at the Northeast corner of the Home Depot parking lot.

The suspect is described as a Hispanic male in his mid-20s with a shaved head and was last seen wearing a blue jacket with a gray hoodie under the jacket. Please call 911 if you see him and do not confront him. K9 is en route

The first call came into JCSO at 8:38 a.m. for a Be On the Lookout for a car stolen out of Gilpin County. The car was located at 9:11 a.m. near Silver Rock Lane and Swede Gulch.

A CodeRed was issued at 10:11 a.m. telling 465 homes in the Kerr Gulch to Swede Gulch to Cold Springs Gulch to I-70 to shelter in place.

More info to come, but please share this post with residents in the area. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds