What to do when you're retired

24 Mar 2018 08:39 #1 by ramage
Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day, my wife and I went into town and visited a shop. When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

We went up to him and I said, “Come on, man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?” He ignored us and continued writing the ticket. I called him an “asshole.” He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn-out tires. So my wife called him a “shit head.” He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing more tickets. This went on for about 20 minutes.

The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote. Just after the officer left, our bus arrived. We got on it and went home. In situations like that, we always look for cars with “Trump 2016” stickers. We try to have a little fun each day now that we’re retired. It’s important at our age.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Mar 2018 13:03 #2 by ScienceChic
:biggrin: Now that's not very nice! :cheer:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Mar 2018 08:12 #3 by ramage
Actually one could substitute a variety of names/organizations in lieu of "Trump 2016". In the current political climate "Trump 2016" is most apt.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds