Book release party - April 11, 4-7 p.m., at Maya's

24 Mar 2018 18:16 - 24 Mar 2018 18:17 #1 by GregKalkwarf
Hey, all. Long-time stalker, first-time poster. :)

Please join me on April 11 for the release of my book "Was That Thunder? More Than a Boston Marathon Bombing." Happy Hour specials (food and drink) from 4 to 7 p.m. at Maya's Cantina and Grill in downtown Evergreen. The book will be available for purchase ($14.95) with the author's signature, if desired. If you can't attend, print and electronic versions of the book will be available on Amazon and other sources on April 13. Find me on Facebook @OfficialGregKalkwarf or at www.gregkalkwarf.com , but I hope to see you at Maya's on April 11!

Here's a summary of the book:
In 2013, Greg Kalkwarf finished the Boston Marathon with a personal record of 3:56:03. Minutes later, a loud boom cracked the sky.

Running a marathon—through a snowstorm—up and down a 14,000-foot mountain is a challenge. But, enduring that journey served as great preparation for the life-changing moments Greg Kalkwarf experienced in a 13-month period: a raging forest fire, the tragic death of a family member, the happy birth of a baby girl, a crosswalk collision with a taxi cab, and a terrorist bombing at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

Greg’s experience illustrates goal-setting, trying new challenges, determination, self-belief, and overcoming adversity. His journey encompasses a spectrum of emotions, captured in a 26.2-chapter book reflecting the miles of a marathon experience.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Mar 2018 12:57 #2 by ScienceChic
Congratulations on getting published Greg! Looking forward to reading the book!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds