Community Meeting April 30 regarding USFS Prescribed Burn in Harris Park

25 Apr 2018 11:59 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
USFS_Pike&San Isabel @PSICC_NF 20 hours ago
Pike Nat'l Forest is preparing for Park County prescribed burn project - up to 300 acres. Burning could start in early May. #SouthPlatteRD is hosting a community meeting Apr 30, 7pm, Harris Park Community Center. Join us Monday to learn more and ask questions.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2018 10:34 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
From Jessica Sorenson:
We want to ensure everyone that we will not start the project if any of our criteria and prescriptive parameters are not met.

The District Ranger, Brian Banks, and I are committed to gaining the communities’ trust through transparency on this project.

At this time we are only planning on burning Unit L & M on the map below, which is totally surrounded by the Harris Park Loop Road (FSR 108) adjacent to the shooting area. In the future we would like to look for opportunities for other units, but not this year.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 303-275-5632 or Brian, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 303-275-5610, for additional information.

Please pass this information to any of your neighbors that were unable to make the public meeting, of if you know of anyone who would like to be added to the mailing list please send their email address to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds