Who has been to India

20 Aug 2010 20:52 #1 by RY
Who has been to India was created by RY
Who has been to India? Delhi to be specific and Ladakh and north of that. Kashmir, Leh, Saboo /Togden Rinpochey Monastery, Pangong Lake, Changla pass 5486 Meters onto Pangong Lake, situated at 14,000 feet (4,267 m). Khardung-la
Have a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to visit next spring, but I am especially concerned about the temps in Delhi, seems like an average of 103 degrees in May. Everything up high is fine with me, but heat and humidity would be a "killer". Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2010 22:30 #2 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Who has been to India
Yes, it's very hot and humid.

21 Aug 2010 00:40 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Who has been to India
We went in October - just at the tail end of summer and it was hot, but not unbearably so. May could be a different story as it's the beginning of summer, but before the monsoons arrive - do not go out sightseeing during the middle of the day if it's too bad and expect to eat dinner at midnight. A lot. :)

I personally recommend getting the CDC's recommended vaccinations for that region (polio, Hep A especially, and Hep B if you don't already have them).
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/india.aspx
Taking the anti-malarial meds can be interesting - they have a significant occurrence of hallucinatory side effects. They didn't bother me at all so I took all my dosages with no problems. Take lots of Immodium or Pepto tablets (I took them prophylactically at first, as told by my doc, but didn't get diarhhea so I stopped halfway through the 8 day trip - got diarhhea at the end that lasted over a week, not fun. Bought Immodium in Germany on the way back home - trying to figure out the dosage to take while reading it in German was a hoot!).

What an awesome opportunity! You will be forever changed by what you see and experience - journal, journal, journal! Lots of pics too!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds