Suicide touches us all - here are some resources to help

10 Sep 2018 19:42 #1 by MyMountainTown
Our mission is to serve all of you. You are the reason we exist; without you, there is no purpose for this site or the effort we make to provide information and a place to connect with others. Working to make a positive difference in your lives every day is what drives us to continually improve our service and information. We look forward to your jokes and your photos, we encourage you to share your frustrations, ask your questions, and compete in our contests. We delight in your joys, grieve with you during your sorrows. We appreciate you as you are, in all your infinite diversity.

In recent months, we have lost several community members to suicide, from teens to retirees. There isn't one of us who hasn't been touched by suicide in some way. It's no secret that there is a silent problem in our mountain communities where we struggle with having fewer nearby resources to help with that needed physical, mental, and emotional support but help is available anytime you need. Please reach out to any of the resources below if you are feeling depressed, suicidal, or the urge to inflict self-harm. Know that you are cherished.

Conifer Counseling & Therapy Services, Inc
720-722-1577

Jefferson Center for Mental Health
If you are in crisis or need help dealing with one, call this toll-free number to speak to a trained crisis counselor
1-844-493-TALK (8255)
Text TALK to 38255

Applicable Counseling & Life Coaching Services

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Call 1-800-273-8255

Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)
1-800-656-4673
24-hour Chat: online.rainn.org
24-hour Chat (Español): ohl.rainn.org/es/

To Write Love on Her Arms (TWLOHA)
To Write Love on Her Arms is a nonprofit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and invest directly into treatment and recovery.

Befrienders Worldwide
Providing emotional support to prevent suicide worldwide.
We listen to and help people without judging them.

The Trevor Project
TrevorLifeline—A crisis intervention and suicide prevention phone service available 24/7 at 1-866-488-7386
The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning youth.

The World is Better With You in It (On World Suicide Prevention Day)
September 10, 2018 / John Pavlovitz

"I know that right now you'd rather leave than live.

And even though I'm not standing in your shoes and even though I don't know you and even though I have no right at all—I'm asking you to stick around."

If You Stick Around (A Letter To Suicidal Teens)
MAY 2, 2013 / JOHN PAVLOVITZ

Dear Hurting Teenager,

I know you want to leave.

I know the horrible, endless walks through the hallways that you endure every morning, near vomiting.
I know the afternoon bus rides to Hell where you sit frozen with fear, praying to just become invisible.
I know the locker room beat-downs and the lunch room stares and the wounding words behind your back and the hateful taunts in your face.
I know the incessant online trolls who hound you day and night; who hurl verbal violence from behind the anonymity and security of phone screens and fake handles.
I know how it takes every bit of strength you have just to paint on a smile and pretend you’re OK and to hide how much it hurts and to act “normal”.

I’m asking you to stay; to endure your incredibly painful, totally senseless now because I can see your glorious, blindingly beautiful then, if you do.

You see my friend, if you stick around your giants will shrink. All those monumental terrorists whose daily words fall heavy upon you like boulders, will begin to get smaller and smaller and smaller as you walk deeper into your life.

Stay.
Hang on.
You are loved.
Things will get better.
Trust me.

Cry and get angry and ask for help and punch a wall and scream into your pillow and take a deep breath and call someone who loves you.

But whatever you do…

Please, stick around.

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds