Court Case in Park County

22 Sep 2018 09:24 #1 by Carrie
I have no opinion either way on this currently, but I need some info. Steve Groome, Park County attorney, presided over a suit between a group of citizens and Park County regarding the re-zoning of 28 acres north of Fairplay to mining. Is Steve Groome retained/paid by Park County? He found in Park County's favor. Is he the attorney with Park County retaining him, or is this a conflict of interest? Even if he represents Park County as a client, with his ties to Park County, I am curious as to whether he could impartially rule on this. Can someone fill me in on the legal/ethical issues here? I don't think a defense attorney can also be the judge, but I'm not sure of his legal relationship to Park County and whether they pay him, or if his position is strictly to preside over county cases. It just raised some questions in my mind. Can someone clarify this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2018 18:18 #2 by Carrie
Replied by Carrie on topic Court Case in Park County
CORRECTION: I am told Steve Groome is Park County Judge, not Attorney. My question stands.

02 Oct 2018 12:02 #3 by ScienceChic
I've asked about this Carrie, sending you a PM about it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds