Harris Park Cell Tower

05 Oct 2018 15:27 #1 by Dippy DoDa
Why did they add another tower this week next to the one there now ? This is my first post so bare with me if this is in the wrong place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2018 17:11 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Harris Park Cell Tower
Hi Dippy DoDa, welcome to My Mountain Town!

I asked Commissioner Brazell yesterday while I had him on the phone regarding that tower and what was going on with it. He said they knew not long after it got installed that it would need to be replaced and it seems they are finally get to that project. The old tower should be removed, and the new one will look nearly identical (paint color and all). He didn’t have a timeline for when it would be complete though.

Good question, I’m glad you asked!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

06 Oct 2018 10:50 #3 by Dippy DoDa
Replied by Dippy DoDa on topic Harris Park Cell Tower
Thanks. I was sitting here at my pudder and looking out my window and saw this tall crane setting it.

06 Oct 2018 16:36 #4 by Arlen
Replied by Arlen on topic Harris Park Cell Tower
The original color of the tower was supposed to be green. It looks terrible as a white pole to be seen for miles.
I hope that this time they paint it green as they said they would.

07 Oct 2018 10:55 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Harris Park Cell Tower
I'm sorry Arlen, Commissioner Brazell said they wouldn't be changing anything with regards to the color. He mentioned that when the first tower went up and there were complaints about the color that they held a meeting about it and after a long discussion everyone came to the consensus to leave it the color it was so that's why this new tower will be the same.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Oct 2018 14:49 #6 by Dippy DoDa
Replied by Dippy DoDa on topic Harris Park Cell Tower
New Tower is up and it is white.

19 Oct 2018 16:57 #7 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Harris Park Cell Tower
I believe the green color was squashed long ago and they decided to just let it weather.

I don't have a problem with the color it just really serves no purpose as I am in direct line of site and have had Sprint and Verizon and it still is roaming when we can connect for home (without our Internet on). Typically we get 2 bars and that is it.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds