Power outage in Kings Valley

23 Nov 2018 13:40 #1 by The Viking
So does anyone know what's happening in Kings Valley with the power outage all over? My power keep dimming and coming back on for several minutes and then it completely went out and it's been out now for about 20 minutes. And I did hear fire trucks and Sirens coming up the valley I don't know if a Transformer blew or power line got knocked over by trees but I already a is obviously not answering because they are closed today. Anybody else experiencing anyting?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Nov 2018 15:57 #2 by MountainTownAlerts
The wind blew a tree into power lines on Haldimand Dr and blew a transformer, knocking out power for almost 9,000 customers down to Shawnee. IREA is working on restoring power hopefully by 1am.

23 Nov 2018 20:13 #3 by The Viking
I am out and about but I heard that the Kum & Go is lit up again so does that mean the power is back?

23 Nov 2018 23:34 - 23 Nov 2018 23:37 #4 by ScienceChic
Yes, a while back for Kings Valley and now for all of Conifer a few minutes ago, per IREA:

Intermountain REA @IREAColorado 7 minutes ago
Service has been restored to all customers in the Conifer area as of 11 p.m. Friday. Though we do not expect additional service interruptions, please report any loss of power via www.IREA.coop/outage-center or (844) IREA-FIX.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

24 Nov 2018 22:54 #5 by Lil ole lady from Passabailey
We lost service in the Deer Creek, Bailey area, too. About the time it took to get the oil lamps lit and warm blankets out, our service was back on about 5:30.

Thanks to the REA Utility guys for a job well done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

25 Nov 2018 12:28 #6 by ScienceChic
That's on-the-ball service! :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds