Proposed Retreat/Conference Center in Bailey

25 Nov 2018 17:21 #1 by HappyCamper
Proposed Retreat/Conference Center in Bailey

parkco.us/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/628...O9zovrsnjzezLfnZkfPc

I just heard about this today, although I am signed up to get notifications through Park County I did not see this one come across.

I have not been able to really dive into this and right now it does not look like there is much more than the link that I put here.

Below are some concerns I have just with the general knowledge I have.

I hope the person(s) that are asking for this retreat can shed some light.

Where will the entrance be?

If 285 it looks like (based on the map) it will be close to where the Smokey the Bear fire sign is. This is a very dangerous curve already how will they keep accidents from happening? When turning in or out?

The other option is off of County Road 43 which is maintained by Park County and has only been chip sealed since I moved to Bailey over 16 years ago.

If this is a year-round center it also goes through a school zone and the property hits right after a turn and hill that are known by the county to get very icy and several accidents happen here each year.

Water is a concern, while it does look like they will treat it they will be pulling ground/well water for this Retreat.

They list that they will have hot tubs if this is the case I am assuming that they will truck the water in for them as do the residents?

Lighting is an issue hoping the county will enforce that they use down lighting as to not light up the world as many of us moved up here to get away from light pollution.

The way I read this proposal it is for teachers can anyone give more information on this?

In regards to the Retreat itself will there be staffing there so make sure quiet hours are observed and if they are going to allow alcohol and/or other substances that are legal in Colorado they do it in a mature manner?

I am really hoping they will not be allowing campfires and that smoking is allowed only in designated areas.

As far a wildlife my biggest concern is that all trash is stored in a bear safe enclosure and they are required to empty it as often as it is filled. I say this as I see all the trash that is blown out of the Loaf-n-Jug containers I am not sure how often the local bears visit it but I see the crows dragging stuff out all the time.

I am not opposed to the Retreat just want those building it and visiting to respect the mountains this is our home, not a party place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Nov 2018 13:43 #2 by homeagain
lived in DCVR for 10 years.......the key is to ATTEND EVERY MEETING IN FAIRPLAY or ask them to come over the hill to Bailey for SOME meetings.....we fought the crow Hill Bible Church mega
proposal (NEVER went thru) and the Developers for Lone Rock Sub. (developers have the advantage because they KNOW coming over Kenosha Pass is hard to accomplish for the general populace,} The developers for Long Rock Sub did NOT want to shoulder the cost of re configuring access for 285 entrance and the first county filing lapsed.....they let it go because the
economy started to tank.when the second filing window came up. if you do research you will find that 2019 Q2 will START a decline in most sectors and perhaps this project will be put on hold........ATTEND AS MANY MEETINGS AS POSSIBLE.....IT DOES APPLY PRESSURE. We
accomplished it twice..... strength in numbers gets you heard. JMO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds