Draining Pond

18 Dec 2018 09:52 #1 by Dippy DoDa
Draining Pond was created by Dippy DoDa
Anyone know why the owner is draining the pond on cr43 across from Hangmans Rd ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2018 10:09 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Draining Pond
My understanding (as of 4 years ago) the pond is part of DCVR subdivision hoa and is part of a legal water agreement with the water board.....could have changed however, been awhile since i lived in DCVR.

18 Dec 2018 10:33 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Draining Pond
According to Kel Lee in the Deer Creek Valley Ranchos Facebook group:
"We learned the other day that the water rights upstream were bought and whoever has them closed it off to downstream. Romer or someone nearby is trying to fix it. I can't remember the specific details though."

To which Bea Everest replied:
"I learned last night that because of the drought the water rights from as far back as 1864 are being called, that means that any water rights after 1864 don’t have priority. So many of the ponds around here are being drained to cover the more senior water rights.

There are no Senior water rights readily for sale so the pond may be dry until we get snow or rain. The HOA at Mill Iron D may be using this time to repair a water valve, but mostly it’s dry because of the drought and water priority."

I don't have any corroboration of those statements, but wanted to pass them along. It's possible they are working on the water valves on the dam and need to drain it in order to complete that work.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Dec 2018 10:46 #4 by homeagain
While I was living in DCVR I have seen it drained for repair (correction it was Mill Iron D sub that
had the water agreement....know that because the pres. of hoa at the time was a PAST water board member.....it's all Dozier;'s past acreage so I sometimes mix up subdivisions.)

18 Dec 2018 14:11 #5 by Dippy DoDa
Replied by Dippy DoDa on topic Draining Pond
Who owns the property ?

18 Dec 2018 14:35 #6 by homeagain

Dippy DoDa wrote: Who owns the property ?

Not sure at present,,,,WAS past gov. Roy Romer...who had most of the valley running along 43......and would NOT DEVELOPE IT......that was my understanding when I lived there. (correct me if i am in error)

16 Jun 2019 10:48 #7 by Dippy DoDa
They have been working on both ends of the pond installing some type of systems and now are filling the pond back up as of 6-14

16 Jun 2019 11:02 #8 by homeagain

Dippy DoDa wrote: They have been working on both ends of the pond installing some type of systems and now are filling the pond back up as of 6-14

GOOD to know......the pond was always my landmark when directing visitors to my house...."go down thru the valley till you see the pond on the left side of the road, then a hard right.'':)

18 Jun 2019 15:24 #9 by Dippy DoDa
It is filled up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyMountainTown

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds