Blaine Sumner, Conifer HS Graduate, Breaks World Record with 1,003lb Bench Press

04 Mar 2019 14:49 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
www.facebook.com/blaine.sumner/posts/10100166577564400
His previous record lift last November:

www.blainesumner.com/
The Vanilla Gorilla Instagram Page

Get to Know Blaine Sumner

Blaine Sumner is without a doubt one of the World’s best squatters. With a World Record 400kg (881 pound) squat in the IPF, wearing just a belt and knee sleeves, Sumner is certain to go down in history as one of the best to ever get under the bar. In addition to his powerlifting prowess, Blaine was also an excellent college football player. Learn more about Team Juggernaut’s newest member, Blaine Sumner…

Blaine Sumner’s 1,025-Pound Bench Press Is His Best Training Lift Ever
By: Nick English
Updated on January 13, 2018

Relatively few people have deadlifted 500 pounds. Even fewer people have bench pressed 500 pounds. So when someone bench presses over a thousand pounds (453.6kg), we have a little trouble processing it.

Like hearing astronomers describe the size of the universe, we can hear the numbers but we can’t fully comprehend them. It wouldn’t count in competition, but Blaine Sumner moved one thousand and twenty-five pounds (465kg) over his chest. He called this “the single best training lift I have ever performed in my entire life.” We believe it.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds