The Colorado Trail trek for Everett & the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

20 Apr 2019 10:48 #1 by MarcoPesce
My name is Mark Fisher and in January, my 9 year old grandson Everett was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. He nearly died and was in Pediatric Intensive Care for four days. We have no history of diabetes and were scared to death of what happened to Everett. He’s doing well now and we are learning about T1D everyday. I recently decided to do something to help educate the public about T1D and to at the same time try to raise some funds for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). So, I am dedicating a thru-hike of the 486 mile Colorado Trail this summer, dedicated to Everett and fundraising for the JDRF. I’ll start on June 11th and finish in early August. I’m using Instagram to highlight the trek and educate followers about T1D. I have established an Instagram account - coloradotrail2019 - and am trying to increase my current meager number of followers. I was hoping you could follow my Instagram page and help by reposting my page to your friends. Thank you so much for your consideration.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds