Gov. Polis, CDOT, Local Officials to Mark Start of I-70 Mountain Express Lane

09 Jul 2019 17:03 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Governor Polis, CDOT, Local Officials to Mark Start of I-70 Mountain Express Lane Project
July 9, 2019 - Denver Metro Area, Colorado

IDAHO SPRINGS - Gov. Jared Polis, the Colorado Department of Transportation, local representatives and the construction team will celebrate the start of construction on the Westbound Interstate 70 Mountain Express Lane Project on Thursday, July 11.

In addition to Gov. Polis, speakers include CDOT Executive Director Shoshana Lew, representatives from Clear Creek County, Idaho Springs and Empire and Transportation Commissioner Kathy Connell.

WHEN: Thursday, July 11 @ 9 a.m.

WHERE: Parking Lot adjacent to I-70, behind the businesses in the 1600 block of Miner Street.

DIRECTIONS: From I-70, take exit 240 (State Highway 103) north to Miner Street. Turn east on Miner to 15th Avenue. Go south to the parking lot.

Project Information

The Mountain Express Lane Project widens a 12-mile segment of westbound I-70 from the Veterans Memorial Tunnels to Empire Junction (U.S. 40). It is designed to improve safety and westbound operational mobility during peak travel periods along one of Colorado’s most congested corridors.

The project is scheduled to begin on Monday, July 15. It includes:

• Increased capacity, travel time and trip reliability by converting the shoulder into an express lane that can be used during peak travel periods
  • Enhanced advance warning signs, safety pull-outs and improved communication systems
Project completion is expected in late 2020, with toll system testing continuing through spring 2021, prior to the opening of the express lane.

The contractor for the $70 million project is Graham Construction of Denver.

Travel Impacts

This project will require shoulder closures and westbound lane closures during low volume traffic periods. A majority of the construction will be completed while both westbound lanes remain open by staging construction equipment in the eastbound express lane. This will minimize driver inconveniences by providing improved access to mountain destinations.

Stay Connected

Project website: i70mtn.codot.gov
Construction hotline: 720.828.8299
Email updates: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Updates also are available via Twitter @coloradodot, and be sure to “Like” our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/coloradodot

Restricted Media Access on the Project Site

Safety is the first priority on active construction sites, including the I-70 Mountain Express Lane Project, so please remember access on the site is restricted unless accompanied by a CDOT or contractor (Graham) representative.

Your safety is important to us so please coordinate access requests in advance with Tamara Rollison, 720.663.9552 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. OR Bob Wilson, 303.916.1456 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

We appreciate your cooperation.

www.codot.gov/news/2019/july/governor-po...express-lane-project

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jul 2019 17:23 #2 by Mountain-News-Events
For those in mountain areas west of Denver to Frisco, the telephone town hall meeting is scheduled on July 10th from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Click the link to Denver Channel 7 for other meeting dates/times for other areas south/north of I-70 and east/west of I-25.

CDOT, HPTE to host telephone town halls Tuesday and Wednesday on Express Lanes Master Plan
By: Óscar Contreras | July 9, 2019

DENVER – The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and the High Performance Transportation Enterprise (HPTE) will host a series of telephone town halls on Tuesday, July 9, and Wednesday, July 10, to share information about the Express Lanes Master Plan with the public.

CDOT officials say that as the state continues to grow and develop, there’s a need to develop a statewide strategic Express Lanes Master Plan (ELMP) to proactively prepare for Colorado’s future needs.

CDOT will call residents in the Denver metro area and mountain communities along the I-70 corridor. If you don’t receive a call or would like to participate, call 855-710-6230.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds