Strangers Organize Search For Sentimental Locket Lost At Evergreen Golf Course

29 Jul 2019 16:55 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Strangers Organize Search For Sentimental Locket Lost At Golf Course
By Shawn Chitnis, CBS Denver
July 26, 2019

Photo by CBS

EVERGREEN, Colo. (CBS4) – A family never expecting to find a missing pendant at a nearby golf course assumed this was just another case of a needle in a haystack until the kindness of strangers helped them to find the family memento when they had already started preparing for it to be gone forever.

“Jack remained optimistic it would be found,” his mother said.

The next morning Penny Mapp saw the post not knowing anything about this family. She was moved by reading the story behind the lost pendant.

“The minute I saw it, I knew I wanted to do something,” she said.

Not sure they could actually find the pendant, she organized a search team to go out in the evening, a full day after it went missing.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds