This is My Mountain, These are My Neighbors

08 Sep 2019 16:14 #1 by ElkCreekFireDepartment
Written by Luca Fabbri, Elk Creek Fire volunteer firefighter/EMT

As a firefighter/EMT, I respond to emergencies throughout our district, and sometimes beyond. But I feel a special sense of urgency when something happens on Conifer Mountain - "My Mountain". Part of it is that often I can get there faster than the ambulance or the engine - today, for example, I was able to shave five minutes off the response time for a patient critical enough to require a chopper-go. Part of it is almost a sense of ownership: this is My Mountain, these are my neighbors, and I won't hesitate to go the extra mile and use all my tools, training and experience to help them in an emergency. — at Elk Creek Fire Department.

We rest easier knowing we have such fine caliber people in our community who care so deeply, go that extra mile, and are passionate in their service to others. We'll be here if you need us.

“You may not have saved a lot of money in your life, but if you have saved a lot of heartaches for other folks, you are a pretty rich man.”
~Seth Parker

In case of emergency, please dial 911.
elkcreekfpd.colorado.gov/
Facebook Page
Twitter
Instagram
303-816-9385 (Office Hours M-F 8:00-4:30)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds