Conifer postal workers did not stage a mass walkout Wednesday morning

04 Dec 2019 21:36 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Conifer postal workers did not stage a mass walkout Wednesday morning
There's a rumor going around Conifer that U.S. Postal Service mail carriers walked out on the job Wednesday morning. A USPS representative said it's not true.
Author: Lori Lizarraga, 9News | Published: 8:46 PM MST December 4, 2019

CONIFER, Colo — On Wednesday morning, mail carriers came in early to the post office in Conifer to begin a 6:00 a.m. shift.

Someone in town must have seen that abnormally early mass departure of mail carriers because a rumor began to spread.

A U.S. Postal Service (USPS) representative said it's not true. In fact, it's just the opposite.

He said what people thought was a mass walkout was actually a group of mail carriers starting an early shift. In light of the holiday season and the increase in the number of deliveries, Conifer has its carriers working from dusk to dawn.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Dec 2019 09:05 #2 by FredHayek
The storm was quite disruptive, especially combined with Thanksgiving. My sister in Arvada missed two days of mail and USPS was delivering to her on Sunday night at 7PM.
Her trash service was also suspended for a week.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds