Colorado Weather: Park County’s Antero Reservoir Hit -48 Degrees

30 Dec 2019 21:58 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Colorado Weather: Park County’s Antero Reservoir Hit -48 Degrees
By Chris Spears, CBS Denver | December 30, 2019 at 10:24 am

DENVER (CBS4) – Bitter cold air settled into Colorado’s high country after a weekend snowstorm hit the state. By Monday morning most locations above 8,000 were at or below zero.

The National Weather Service in Boulder says the temperature fell to -48°F at Antero Reservoir in Park County.

See the article for temperature recordings in various locations around the state.

Our Chief Meteorologist says we'll be Ringing In The New Year With Snow Showers...

A general down-slope wind flow will be in place for Tuesday, with fairly mild temperatures. Breezy for most of the foothills, but especially gusty around Alma, Fairplay and Lake George, where we could get some gusts over 30 mph. The wind will pick up a little early New Year's Day as a cold front approaches Colorado. The front should arrive by midday, with scattered snow showers developing. The front will cause scattered snow showers mainly Wednesday afternoon into Thursday. Temperatures will be colder Thursday with high pressure moving back in, so the weather pattern looks fair for the rest of the week.

We're now including Hartsel, Guffey, and Lake George in our daily forecasts! Find out what's in store for South Park if you're heading there for some ice fishing, camping, or call that area home. mymountaintown.com/expert-local-weather

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Dec 2019 07:02 #2 by homeagain
The lowest temp I've experienced was negative 55.....Fairbanks. Alaska. You do NOT run in
that temp range, It will freeze your lungs,include wind chill into that equation and it is deadly to
NOT be prepared.

03 Jan 2020 14:40 #3 by FredHayek
Fingers crossed for my septic system in South Park.
Plus side? Maybe this will kill off some pine beetles.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds