2020 Letter to our My Mountain Town Community

06 Jan 2020 21:44 #1 by MyMountainTown
To Our Fantastic My Mountain Town Members & Guests!

It’s been another year since we’ve written, and we first wish you all a wonderful new year filled with abundant opportunities to challenge the mind, overflow the heart, and satisfy the soul, along with unceasing joy, peace, and prosperity!

Conifer and Denver from Conifer Mountain by Colton Rood

Membership Growth:
MyMountainTown.com came to be on July 12, 2013, but this year is special in that it’s our 10th year in existence! Looking back, it’s hard to believe that it’s been that long, and yet, it seems like we’ve been around forever. :) We’re looking forward to making some fun updates this year!

Last year, we blew right past our previous year record of website visitors with over 160,000 people coming to the site! On Facebook, we’ve nearly reached 10,000 Likes, and even more Followers. Because it's our mission to share useful, quality information that you want most, our Engagement and Reach is over 40,000 people/month (thank you for Sharing our posts)! We received 11 new reviews in 2019, all glowing, to maintain our 4.9 out of 5.0 rating from 54 community members. Our deepest gratitude to those who've left us the kind words, it makes our day!

Conifer Historical Society and Museum December 16, 2019
The Conifer Historical Society just wanted to give a quick "shout out" to My Mountain Town! They have been supporting area Non-Profits for years! Providing a free place to post information about our programs is so valuable! They've even gone above and beyond and helped us out by posting activities they realize we've missed! Big thank you to Sharon and the team for being superstar "virtual volunteers" for us.

Sunny Highlands Meadow Manor recommends My Mountain Town. November 12, 2019
Great area event notices and local news updates

Katie Allen recommends My Mountain Town. October 30, 2019
Thank you for keeping all of us mountain families updated about the road conditions, weather and local happenings! When I lived in a big city, I watched the morning news. For the past 5 years in Conifer, I check MY Mountain Town and the 285 Traveler FB group every morning for up to the minute road conditions. I am so grateful that our community pulls together to create the resources and information we all need!!! Thank you so much!!!! ❤️ - a grateful mama who relies on you for safe school drop-off for her kiddo.

Vanessa Byer recommends My Mountain Town. October 29, 2019
Accurate road condition reports, great camera shots. People helping people most of the time while making adults behave and be respectful of what the discussion is at hand.
Thank you for your Mountain service.

Crissy Opperman recommends My Mountain Town. July 11, 2019
Great information that’s relevant! :) :2thumbsup: :)

Jessica Fey recommends My Mountain Town. July 10, 2019
Always super informative, and of course LOCAL!

Linda Banks McConnell recommends My Mountain Town. April 8, 2019
Always first to give local news.

Terri Ward recommends My Mountain Town. March 12, 2019
Definitely the first place I look for weather. I also appreciate updates on what is going on in and around our towns.

Terrie Gray Dalessandro recommends My Mountain Town. March 8, 2019
Always up to date info.

Rachel Gardner Nicks recommends My Mountain Town. February 6, 2019
MMT always has the latest road, traffic, fire, police updates often before anyone else has time to post the information. MMT is my go-to for news along the Foothills.

Kara Cullen recommends My Mountain Town. January 11, 2019
Best page for all of Park County. What a great community page!

MMT Stats as of the end of 2019:
  • Website - 6,600+ Members
  • Mountain Secrets Blog - 60 new posts collectively receiving 12,918 hits
  • Scanner & Emergency Info, Weather Forecasts Forum - 372 Topics Posted
  • Business & Nonprofit Directory - 562 Businesses, 109 Nonprofits
  • Facebook Page - 9,992 Likes/10,680 Followers
  • Twitter - 3,746 Followers
  • Instagram - 2,040 Followers
  • YouTube - 101 Subscribers, 10 new videos, over 65,000 views total of our videos
  • Over 25 local advertisers last year

Supporting Our Community:
This year was our 9th year doing the Pick 5 Contest and MMT Fantasy Football Leagues, and we not only had a blast competing with several of our members (9 contestants in the Pick 5, 30 in our 3 Fantasy Football Leagues!), but we doled out over $500 in prizes to the winners - a win-win and our way of saying thanks to you for being members.

One of our proudest services last year was videotaping the Jefferson County Board of County Commissioners Study Session on Wildfire Risk and Mitigation at the request of our County Commissioners.

This past year, we supported a number of nonprofit organizations to help give back to our community, including: 

• Friends of Staunton State Park
  • Jeffco Open Space
  • The Venue Theatre Company
  • BOERA
  • Bootstraps, Inc
  • Elk Creek Fire Protection District
  • Inter-Canyon Fire Protection District
  • North Fork Fire Rescue
  • Evergreen Fire Rescue
  • Platte Canyon Fire Protection District
  • Conifer Area Chamber of Commerce
  • Evergreen Chamber of Commerce
  • Platte Canyon Area Chamber of Commerce
  • Leadership Evergreen
  • Evergreen Big Chili Cook Off
  • Evergreen Christian Outreach
  • Mountain Area Land Trust
  • Mount Evans Home Health & Hospice
  • Conifer Historical Society & Museum
  • Mountain Resource Center
  • Jeffco Open Space
  • DriveSmart
  • Rotary Club of Conifer
  • Evergreen Alliance for Sustainability + You
  • Alpine Rescue Team
  • Fire Adapted Bailey
  • StageDoor Theatre
  • Conifer Area Council
  • Conifer Lobos Unified Boosters
  • Conifer Community Church
  • Evergreen Elks Lodge
  • IMHS
  • EAPL
Each of these organizations fulfills a vital role in our communities, helping improve the quality of life for all. We are thrilled to donate both time and dollars to help them better serve you!

We continue to give thanks to our local businesses and nonprofits who choose us for their advertising needs because we couldn't do what we do without their support. Please shop locally as often as you can and let those businesses know that you saw their information/sales/events here on MMT so they know it's worthwhile to continue investing their time and hard-earned $ with us! You'll see our advertisers ads rotating on the sides of our pages (no Google Ads, auto-playing videos, or annoying pop-up ads here, just local businesses only). Business & Nonprofit Directory

Future plans:
We excitedly announced last week that we are now covering Hartsel, Lake George, and Guffey with our daily weather forecasts.

We plan to refresh the look and feel of the website, as it looks as it has since 2013, in order to commemorate our 10th Anniversary. Stay tuned for exciting changes! We will continue building our membership and website traffic, provide you the best Community Calendar, most up-to-date emergency information, exclusive webcams, daily mountain weather forecasts, local news, and information that interests you. We're putting together our 2020 Foothills Event Guide like we did last year, ; keep an eye out for that being published. We are here for you and welcome all feedback and questions anytime!

Thank you so very much for your membership and continued support of My Mountain Town! It has brought us joy to keep serving and investing in our community, and to grow to where we are today. We look forward to an exciting year ahead and we hope you will tell everyone you know to come join you at My Mountain Town - we love chatting with everyone here and are so appreciative of the first-hand info you offer because you are our best resource!

With Gratitude,
The Staff and Volunteers at My Mountain Town

Hwy 285 in Jefferson by Vikki Carter Mackey

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jan 2020 06:36 #2 by homeagain
YOUR endeavor has enriched the mountain and made an impact that is impressive. Being
an entrepreneur is NOT an easy, pesy job. From start up to present status.......you DESERVE
all the accolades AND respect.

I am forever grateful for this site's ''going that extra mile''and keeping mountain news current and
conveying important facts that inform. INFORMATION is power.....and living on the mountain
makes that a necessity.

:champagne: I raise my glass to your staff and you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyMountainTown

09 Jan 2020 15:27 #3 by MyMountainTown
Thank you homeagain, it's been wholly a team effort to get here!

We're excited to share that yesterday we reached the milestone of 10,000 Likes on our Facebook Page as well, and a few wonderful comments from fans!

Nadine Stevens:

I don’t live in your area, travel 285 regularly to see grandson and follow YOU! You always have the latest, best and most accurate news, Thank you!

Vince Rozmiarek, manager of the Indian Hills Community Sign Facebook Page (with over 100,000 Likes):

You guys are the #1 best FB sight in the area hands down! The amount of work you put in is tremendous! Thanks for being a vital asset to our area!

It's going to be a great year!

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds