Let's Give Bec Lo a Fighting Chance!

24 Jan 2020 12:23 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
Sharing from a local community Facebook Group to help support an Evergreen woman with an aggressive form of breast cancer. Thank you for your support!

Let's Give Bec Lo a Fighting Chance!

TRIPLE NEGATIVE BREAST CANCER (TNBC)

A few weeks ago- I noticed a post on one of our Community FB pages from a sweet gal-( I've always noticed her-when I was by the Walmart dressing room...cute as a button and wearing fun knee socks and necklaces=) ). I never really met her but she was always so friendly. I recognized her from her post. She was wondering if anyone would want to go to Christmas Eve service with her. I'm a single Mom...I go alone too.(drag my kids for company..lol). So- I offered. Bec kindly accepted. I went into the store to introduce myself so it would be more comfortable for us.

In the short 2 weeks from her posting and asking. Bec was informed she had Breast Cancer. Devastating information- for anyone.

Bec doesn't have a family to support her. Her parents are deceased and her husband is unable to work due to health conditions- He is unable to drive or work. In fact, Bec is taking him to a Neurologist appointment on Wed . to hopefully help determine/ get answers about His own situation. Bec is The Provider. What an unimaginable circumstance to be in!

Becca Logue is 40. She has been employed full time at Walmart for 12 years. She has insurance- but nothing that comes close to covering the costs of the medical expenses and income she will lose.

I was able to attend Bec's first Dr. appointment with her on 12/30/2019. She has been diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC). It's a very aggressive form that isn't hormone fed- so her treatment can't be treated with hormone regulation or gradually. It will need to be fought with aggressive treatments of Chemotherapy. Her Dr. is advising Chemotherapy tx for 3 months in hopes it will localize or shrink the cancer. Surgery course- possibly mastectomy - will be determined, then.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds