SNOWbound and some thoughts

15 Feb 2020 07:53 #1 by homeagain
GEE, you guys are getting some serious snow this season. I jump onto Pinecam and read the reports.....in my 60's THAT would not have been a concern...just mountain life. With 73 being just 90 days away....I am realizing how bittersweet being in Montrose REALLY is. We have
mid to hi 40's to melt the snow, sunny days, mixed with snowy overcast days....so there is a reprieve from shoveling and struggling thru
traffic. I even got some staining done thru the sunny days.... BUT the inky dark nite sky and the breeze brushing the pines as it travels towards you is DEEPLY missed. Having a two story home ,with the laundry in the walk out basement is NOT missed...we have a ranch level home
on 1/2 acre now....so, some good with the not so good....life is a trade off......but in the end my:heart: is in the majestic mountains....TREASURE
your truly delicious days up there. DCVR AND KZ seem like Conifer....someone stated....THAT is way weird,because we all know Conifer gets
more snow than "banana belt Bailey":ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Feb 2020 09:45 #2 by FredHayek
Good and bad sides to everywhere you live and while I am happy to see the snow and cold temperatures this Winter, snowpack is at 137%. Fire season should be mild. I am also getting pretty tired of plowing and gray days. Our house has windows on three sides so it starts to get to me when the sun doesn't come out for a couple of days. Plus then I have to use up my precious propane instead of my solar.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds