Snow totals for March 13-15 Weekend Snow Storm

15 Mar 2021 11:13 - 15 Mar 2021 11:13 #1 by Mountain-News-Events
How much snow did you get? According to reports sent to CoCoRaHS, residents received anywhere from 10-49".

Melissa graciously gave permission to post this snow wave created in her yard by the wind.

Snow wave by Melissa Baker of Conifer, March 14, 2021

Sarah @sarahshriver13 11m
Calm after the storm in Conifer
Sunrise over mountains #cowx @MyMountainTown @nexton9news @9NEWSWeather
Photo by @HappyBroseph

CoCoRaHS Map March 15, 2021

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Mar 2021 13:59 #2 by ScienceChic
The closest CoCoRaHS station report to us said 23" of snow.

View from my deck after shoveling it once yesterday:

This was the pile on the roof above the deck right under a 2nd story window.

CPW NE Region @CPW_NE 1h
Snow totals:
Barr Lake 25"
Boyd Lake +12"
Castlewood Canyon 10"
Chatfield 15"
Cherry Creek 18" drifts to 4'
Eldorado Canyon +2'
Eleven Mile 12"
Golden Gate Canyon +3'
Jackson Lake 5"
Lory 36” drifts to 7'
North Sterling 5"
Roxborough 24" drifts of +5'
Staunton 40"
St. Vrain 10"

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

15 Mar 2021 14:09 #3 by homeagain
Montrose was to get 10 or 11 inches...we got 1 inch...spitting snow mostly,just covered ground white.
WE need many,many inches.....very dry over here.

16 Mar 2021 10:18 #4 by FredHayek
One of the fourth largest snowstorms in Denver history. 27 inches at DIA. And I can imagine the drifts were huge there in that wind. We had six foot drifts, the wind was very fierce, but I think that really helped the trees. Less broken branches. Snow totals? Really hard to guess because of the wind and drifting. Some places were six feet, other places you could still see vegetation.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Mar 2021 11:13 #5 by Pony Soldier
Thanks for the pictures! These are great to share with South Carolina people! They all wonder "How can you survive in that?" lol

17 Mar 2021 19:43 #6 by ScienceChic
You're welcome! I don't know about others, but tell them I survive with lots of wine :jumpinwine: and fire. :fireplace: LOL!

There are others who revel in the snow and bravely try new adventures, like this:

This sweet squirell also came across my notifications.
Squirrel Takes Cover as Blizzard Dumps Almost 3 Feet of Snow Near Denver - Video
March 16, 2021

A squirrel enjoyed a meal and used a porch as cover to stay out of a snowstorm in Conifer, Colorado, on Monday, March 15.

Video shared by Jennifer Taylor showed the squirrel eating some seeds from a feeder slightly submerged by snow as a blizzard continues in the background.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds