TWO decades delay....

10 Apr 2021 06:55 #1 by homeagain
coloradosun.com/2021/04/09/front-range-r...03&mc_eid=86d8ec5269

FRONT RANGE RAIL....finally forward thinking....BUT, I-25 corridor can count on MORE taxes... IF it passes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Apr 2021 10:41 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic TWO decades delay....
Decades too late, and trillions short. They should have done this in the 1950's. Back then land was cheap, enviro regulations were fewer, and much less people to displace.

Look at California. They have spent decades trying to build high speed rail between Los Angeles and San Francisco. It has been very expensive and very few miles have actually been completed.

And in the end, it will still be cheaper to catch a flight from LAX to the Bay Area. Even Europe, traditional fan of trains, has been moving to short flights.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Apr 2021 16:26 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic TWO decades delay....
AND the I-70 corridor for skiing....decades of delaying the delivery of tourists to the mts.....NOW
they have a nightmare of hours of horrific traffic,it could have been a beautiful, brief travel experience.

11 Apr 2021 11:22 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic TWO decades delay....
Ski areas don't really like the day hopper skiers so they don't really want to solve the traffic issues. They would prefer people go up and stay a week, maybe even buy a condo.

But there is a cheaper alternative than a light rail. Ski buses. 30 people on a bus is thirty less cars. That is the way I learned to ski in the 80's. But Americans hate to give up their cars. Or the ski train that goes to Winter Park.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds