HOUSE FIRE! Buffalo Creek could use a little help please...

31 Jul 2021 12:07 #1 by Guffey
I struggled to find the right forum for this but it IS community news so I guess Campfire is OK...

Hello MMT'rs, Buffalo Creek, your Platte River mountain town and neighbor, could use your help:

MARY GREEN'S HOME BURNED (7/25/2021) . MARY AND HER DOG "MAX" escaped the fire and are OK but the attic was gutted, the roof and living room and the house contents ruined. She can't live in the house now and that's where I'm asking for $ help.

GOFUNDME FOR MARY gofund.me/14735a24 -or- search for FIRE! Mary Green's house (make sure it's in Buffalo Creek, CO)

Mary Green...rings a bell, maybe? She's 4th generation Buffalo Creek family that owns and operates the historic 1898 JW Green Mercantile. That's the "old stone store on the river" to lots of you, a place you can pick up last minute camping items, post your mail (USPS post office), buy a hunting license, gawk at an old time wood phone booth and early 1900s cash register, and fill up gas... all at the same place. She's operated that store for decades and is open 7 days/wk rain, snow, summer heat - she's a one-person operation and rarely takes a break or holiday.

PLEASE HELP - dig shallow into those pockets (i.e. don't hurt your budget but can you spare a few dollars?)
PLEASE SHARE with others!

Thank you everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mountain-News-Events

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jul 2021 18:28 - 31 Jul 2021 18:28 #2 by ScienceChic
Thank you for sharing the GoFundMe for Mary, Guffey. My friend Ed called to tell me about her, how her family has run that store for generations, and she never takes any time off. Has anyone found her kitty that went missing during the fire?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Sep 2021 11:53 - 05 Sep 2021 11:54 #3 by Guffey
I was told last week that the kitty is still unaccounted for. There are a few stray cats running around the area so maybe there is still hope.

Your friend Ed is right about Mary - she keeps that store running always and rarely takes a break. Even after this fire the store is on regular schedule. The Mary's House Fire gofundme is still running if anyone is seeing this for the first time. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyMountainTown

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds