Animosity on recreation trails and pathways while responding to emergencies

16 Aug 2021 11:00 #1 by ElkCreekFireDepartment
We take our duty very seriously to provide the best service to our community when they/you are most in need. We, too, have unfortunately experienced the same reactions when en route to provide emergency medical assistance to those injured while enjoying the outdoors (such as in Staunton State Park). Please know we don't wish to inconvenience you as we are attempting to reach the injured party as quickly as possible. We know you would want us to do the same if it were you who needed us, please be understanding as we try to reach others.

Posted by Summit Fire & EMS: www.facebook.com/SummitFireEMS/photos/a....1/10158440845643932/

We hate even to have to mention this, but our fire and medical crews recently have encountered some animosity on the rec paths when responding to medical emergencies. Please know that they are not driving down those just for fun or to intentionally mess up your Strava KOM attempt. They are there to help those who need it, and they have to be confined to the pavement because of the soft shoulders, dropoffs and narrow passages through the trees. Please pull over and let them by, just as you would for any lights-and-sirens emergency vehicle on the road. Thanks for your understanding.

In case of emergency, please dial 911.
elkcreekfpd.colorado.gov/
Facebook Page
Twitter
Instagram
303-816-9385 (Office Hours M-F 8:00-4:30)
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2021 11:54 #2 by homeagain
AS a 3rd gen. COLORADAN, I am appalled that you had to remind/address this issue. I am so ashamed
of what Colorado has become. IF this is the norm (and I have seen abhorrent behavior increasing) then
I can only hope that license plates are noted and REPORTED AND THE AUTHORITIES FINE these
ignorant individuals....and I MEAN HEAVILY FINED. $$$ TALKS. I am deeply sorry you even had to take the
time to note this.....(one can only hope the mass exodus from Calif. will happen here and SOON.) PRICES
are becoming exorbitant and the masses of people are becoming overwhelming. I WAS in love with Colorado...now I am despondent at the stupidity,ignorance,selfishness,UNTHINKING individuals who have moved here. Life is hard, but it is even harder when grace and consideration are lacking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds