GoFundMe for the Gales-Goodman Family, Hoosier Pass Fatal Accident

16 Nov 2021 12:55 #1 by ScienceChic
A GoFundMe has been started by a co-worker and friend of the husband of the family that was hit head-on up on CO 9 - Hoosier Pass last week. The mother is still hospitalized, and her 3 year old daughter heartbreakingly succumbed to her injuries this morning. Thankfully, her 5 year old son and 10 month old daughter didn't suffer serious physical injuries. If you can help them out, here's the link: www.gofundme.com/f/gales-family-support

November 14, 2021
My name is Stephanie Strauss, and I'm launching this fundraiser to help support my employee/friend, Matt Gales, whose family was in a terrible car accident this past Tuesday. His 3 sweet kids and their wonderful mother, Michelle Goodman, were hit head-on at high speed by a driver who unsuccessfully tried to pass another vehicle heading in the opposite direction just north of Alma, CO. Their youngest daughter, Talia, who is only 10 months old, thankfully escaped with only a few bruises & scratches and was discharged later that night. However, the other three were all emergently flown to Denver/CO Springs with more serious injuries. Their 5 yr old son, Ezra, has now been released and is expected to make a full recovery but is obviously traumatized. Michelle is still hospitalized with a back injury and after major surgery to repair her leg. She will need quite a bit of rehab to hopefully make a full recovery. Tragically, their 3 yr old daughter, Elli, is still in critical condition after sustaining traumatic injuries to her brain, liver, and lungs - as well as a broken neck. She is still unconscious and on a ventilator in the ICU and has been battling seizures and various other issues related to the accident. Elli is a fighter and a complete ray of sunshine - we are all cheering her on as she struggles to recover from this terrible crash, and I can't possibly express how heartbroken I am for this family that just relocated from Florida a few months ago. They had been staying in CO Springs and were on their way to move into their new place in Summit County on Tuesday evening when the crash occurred. In addition to the medical bills and potential for lost wages, they lost many of the children's belongings from the car. They will still need help getting moved into their new place and also have to find childcare for baby Talia. The holidays are coming and they will certainly be back and forth from Summit County and Denver as everyone recovers. Please consider sending funds to help cover their expenses at this difficult time, and thanks in advance for keeping Elli in your thoughts!

Updates (1)
Today by Stephanie Strauss, Organizer
I want to thank everyone for the kind words, prayers, time & assistance offered, and especially for the generous donations. With great sadness and deepest sympathy for the entire Gales-Goodman family, I also wanted to let everyone know Elli passed away this morning with her family by her side. She fought hard this past week but her brain injury was too severe to overcome. She was and still is a precious angel and will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her. She was beautiful - inside & out, spirited, kind, and lit up a room with her smile and contagious energy. Michelle is still hospitalized, and I hope you will all continue to keep this amazing family in your thoughts as they continue to recover and mourn the loss of Elli, who they all loved so very much!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Nov 2021 09:04 #2 by Mountain-News-Events
Breckenridge 3-year-old dies a week after head-on car crash near Hoosier Pass [/url
Sawyer D'Argonne
., Summit Daily
November 17, 2021

Strauss said the family will fly to Florida for Elli’s funeral this weekend, and she said Michelle Goodman would likely stay there to continue recovering.

Strauss said that while she hasn’t know the family for too long, Elli made an immediate impact.

“As I was interviewing Matt, she and my two kids were borrowing all these different colored highlighters from my office manger’s desk and decorating the refrigerator in my warehouse with all of these drawings and pictures for my two employees who were not actually at the warehouse that day,” Strauss said. “… Elli didn’t even know me, my kids or my employees, and she was just asking my 6-year-old daughter how to spell the names of the other two employees so that she could leave notes for them, drawing flowers and butterflies. She’s just this sweet, outgoing — she was just wonderful.”

Strauss has set up a GoFundMe fundraiser called Gales Goodman Family Support to help the family with funeral and medical expenses, including a special flight for Michelle Goodman to get to Florida that Strauss said would likely cost about $18,000.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds