Owner of Elk Meadow Eatery in terrible car accident

21 Dec 2021 20:28 - 21 Dec 2021 20:39 #1 by ScienceChic
Mandi and her husband own Elk Meadow Eatery in Evergreen. On Sunday she was in a car accident in which she suffered severe head trauma and bodily injuries. She is currently in the hospital in a coma following surgery and is unresponsive. As of yesterday and for an unknown length of time, the restaurant is closed and the family has no income coming in. This GoFundMe has been setup to help them through this difficult time and with medical bills. Please help if you can.
GoFundMe: www.gofundme.com/f/love-for-mandi-and-her-boys

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2021 16:00 #2 by ScienceChic
Sad updates posted to the GoFundMe by Cassondra today:

Yesterday morning we got the results from Mandi's MRI and it confirmed our fears. The damage to her brain is not recoverable. After a lot of lengthy and difficult discussions with her doctors and amongst our family we have decided to begin the process for organ donation. This is an incredibly difficult process but we know it is the best way to honor Mandi's wishes and generous spirit. Everyone who knows her will tell you she's the most giving person you'll meet, so it's only fitting that even in her departure she continues to give the ultimate gift to others. And the generosity she shared with her community that is now reflected back in the generosity all of you have shown in this GoFundMe is the legacy she leaves to her precious boys, Levi and Noah. Thank you all for your continued support, love and prayers. This is a long hard journey and there's still a mountain of grief, hard things, and healing left to summit.

If anyone would like to have the opportunity to say something to Mandi, please reach out to me either via Facebook Messenger (Cassondra Leigh) or text (720.229.2792) and I will do my best to make arrangements for everyone to get a chance to do so, by either reading a text message aloud to her or scheduling a phone call on speaker - depending on what is going on and what I'm able to do at the time.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Dec 2021 21:52 #3 by Mountain-News-Events
Evergreen restaurant closes after owner was involved in serious car crash
By: Meghan Lopez
Posted at 6:25 PM, Dec 23, 2021

EVERGREEN, Colo. — A restaurant in Evergreen is closed indefinitely after the owner was involved in a serious car crash Sunday.

Mandi Evans is the co-owner of Elk Meadow Eatery and Market in Evergreen. After celebrating the holidays with her family early on Saturday, she was driving to her best friend's house Sunday night when she veered off the road for unknown reasons and was ejected from the vehicle.

Mandi Evans’ best friend is a fire captain in Evergreen. He heard the call and was the first to arrive on the scene.

My Mountain Town Community Calendar - filter events by Category, date, or keyword to easily find events of interest. Add your community, church, or non-profit event to the calendar yourself! Click here to access the submission form. Businesses: please contact us for more information on adding your events! Questions? Email

Community News, Events, and Calendar Forum - Check here for the latest happenings in our community and add your own!

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds