I find it sad

26 Dec 2021 20:08 #1 by HappyCamper
I find it sad was created by HappyCamper
Only a few years ago we were just all Americans now we debate each other and frankly, that is sad.

I rarely talk politics as it is your right to vote for who you want.

I am not a conspiracy person so if you post that well I read no further.

Those that say they do not follow MSM seem to know the most about it.

My New Year's hope is that you decided that loving your fellow American is better than anything no matter what you believe.

The last time I checked this is what America is about we can be friends with anyone but trying to shove your belief in my face whether I bring it up or not is not American.

If you like me as a person great what I believe in could be different and while I respect what you believe I want to be treated the same way.

If you are my friend I believe in you as a person.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2021 07:41 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic I find it sad
As we enter into the new year, HOPE is ever present. Struggling upward,out of the abyss is a Herculean effort and I think we have just (maybe) hit bottom.....when u r at the "bottom", it takes some reflection and
rational thinking to "get the hell UP and out of the hole." I believe THAT is where we are at presently. We
have no plan,so we r sitting in the hole,pondering what to do next. I love the line from The Martian (movie)
when Matt Damon is teaching his class.....and says....

" At some point, everything's gonna go south on you...everything's going to go south and you're going to say, this is it. This is how I end. Now you can either accept that, or you can get to work. That's all it is. You just begin. You do the math. You solve one problem...and you solve the next one...and then the next. And if you solve enough problems, you get to come home."

That's pretty much it, isn't it? It applies well to any problem or task, and it's probably a great thought for any large-scale issue in life. Sometimes we have a tendency to over think things. Really, most things get built or solved because someone -- or some team -- just got started. And then just kept going.

30 Dec 2021 10:08 #3 by homeagain
A SIMPLE START......"we are all leaves on the same tree,we are all waves on the same sea" THICH NHAT HAHN quote....make this your "north star"......for the New Year

01 Jan 2022 07:26 #4 by homeagain
TO THE NEW YEAR....follow the "north star'':jan1st:

01 Jan 2022 08:30 #5 by AliPlayer199
Replied by AliPlayer199 on topic I find it sad
Just remember the tree, or sea upon which we all depend provides adequate resources for all leaves or all waves. In 2022 it will be my hope that everyone sees this truth.
For millennia humanity has taken from and hoarded and exhausted and exalted mainly those who have the “most”. That is our collective badge of honor that has landed us at such odds with one another.

2022 maybe we make a potato patch from our own waste. See our resources not a prize or possession to amass, but as a foundation and gift for each and every leaf. The ones just barely beginning, to those witnessing their last sunrise. We revalue success as contributing. What is our next incredible leap?
Wealth and decadence and reaping and waste always has just one destination - today where we stand at odds not for ourselves but as kindling for a machine that only run from our being at odds. It has broken us down to desperately need some form of “team”. Some line or wrapper to provide self security. That undying need for “team” will always lead here.

That’s $0.02 I guess.

Please stop valuing wealth and making that a reason to get involved. People always say that “wealth” is a reward for invention and progress. “We” made that a reward. “We” can unmake it a reward just as easily.
Just decide your team I guess.
“They” have and we are just playing “their” game.

01 Jan 2022 10:47 #6 by homeagain
the "game" goes away IF there r no players......"u r never given a wish,without also given the power to make it true.........u may have to WORK FOR IT,HOWEVER.

05 Jan 2022 07:13 #7 by homeagain
here is a thought.....the wealth u (collectively) acquire is NOT yours.....from a philosophical pov,it is a resource meant to be passed on,u r the temporary recipient......your good fortune is meant to be SHARED,
kinda of a universal law....:book:

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds