CANYON COURIER VOTER GUIDE: EPRD Board

17 Apr 2022 07:25 #1 by MMT_Politics
CANYON COURIER VOTER GUIDE: EPRD Board

The Canyon Courier asked the eight candidates for three seats on the Evergreen Park & Recreation District board 11 questions about the district and their vision for its future. Below are their responses.

Voting will take place in person, and both the Wulf and Buchanan Park rec centers will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. May 3 for voting. Bring a driver’s license or photo ID to obtain your ballot.

Steve Beck

Al Buenning

Kristin Courington

Peter Eggers

Betsy Hays

Chris Lewis

Mary McGhee

Jeff Sheppard

The ultimate arbiter is the people of the Union. ~ Thomas Jefferson
Voting is the foundation act that breathes life into the principle of the consent of the governed. ~DeForest Soaries
Political Calendar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2022 21:34 #2 by ScienceChic
From Peter Eggers:

Greetings Fellow Mountain Dwellers,

I am writing to tell you I am running for a seat on the EPRD Board. Election Day is May 3. You can vote on that day in person at either Wulf Rec Center or Buchanan Rec Center. Walk-in hours are 7am-7pm.

In this election cycle, 3 new board members will be seated and a brand new Executive Director will soon be hired. I believe my perspective from 16 years of prior Board experience (1992-’04, ’08-’12) will help us through this transition, and I am very excited to serve again. Much of what we enjoy today, from the Lake House to Buchanan Park, from the turf field at Marshdale to the grass fields at Bergen Valley were put in place then. But that was then and this is now. New challenges are ahead, and for solutions to those challenges, you can rest assured that I will listen, I will learn and I will lead.

If you support me, here’s what you can do: tell 20 of your friends why you support me and why they should vote for me. Write a letter of support to the Courier. But most of all VOTE ON MAY 3!!

Thank you.

Peter Eggers

Peter Eggers
By Linda Kirkpatrick, Just Around Here

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 May 2022 21:42 #3 by ScienceChic
I am friends with Peter's wife Peggy, who is one of the finest human beings I've had the privilege to work with in Evergreen. She and I served on the Leadership Evergreen Board of Directors together, and through that opportunity I got to meet Peter. He's a good-hearted, kind, supportive man who cares about doing the right thing and getting things done. He would be a fine leader for the EPRD Board of Directors.

Also running is the incomparable Betsy Hays, Leader of the Year, Mountain Area Women in Business Hall of Fame Inductee, former President of the Evergreen Chamber, previously with Mountain Area Land Trust and currently the Business Development Director at Mount Evans Home Health Care and Hospice. Betsy is the living embodiment of involvement in your community.

These two on the Board would mean the best possible decisions being made in the interest of the community, and people with integrity, passion, and dedication serving EPRD and those who live and play in Evergreen. Please consider voting for them tomorrow!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds