Please help Mike Woodside, son of Linda Kirkpatrick

19 Nov 2022 21:18 #1 by ScienceChic
Linda Kirkpatrick is one of the most generous, giving people I've had the honor to meet. It's thanks to her efforts, along with others, that Noble Meadow exists untouched from development, that Evergreen Fire Rescue had its first ambulance barn, and Leadership Evergreen was founded. That her son is as selfless and hard-working surprises me none, so it is with this that I ask your support to help him in his greatest time of need.

Please donate to help Mike provide for his son
November 16, 2022

Mike Woodside is in for the fight of his life, and we'd love your prayers and support. We will provide updates as diagnosis' and treatments progress.

He has been diagnosed with a rare form of aggressive lymphoma that does not respond to therapy. At 52 he is divorced and shares custody of his 16-year-old son, Ryan.

Mike grew up in Evergreen (the son of Linda Kirkpatrick and the brother of Amy Kenney), graduating from EHS in 1989 before going into the Army for four years and serving in Germany. He took advantage of the GI bill and earned a degree in Criminal Justice from Metro State College. He worked driving 18-wheelers. Mike is dependable, honest, and seldom misses a day of work. He doesn't take vacations or look for handouts.

As his sister would say, he did everything right but never caught a break. On-the-job accidents set him back more than once. Yet he is dedicated to making his child support payments, spending quality time with his son, paying his bills on time, seldom using a credit card, and trying to save for a rainy day.

The rainy day has come, and he is dismayed that his meager IRA will need to be depleted before he can qualify for financial assistance. We are asking for your help in helping him provide for his son.

www.gofundme.com/f/please-donate-to-help...-provide-for-his-son

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds