Where do you draw the line between Aspen Park & Conifer?

23 Aug 2010 20:24 #1 by V_A
I have never known the difference between the two. It seems like one small town that has a post office in middle (Aspen Park) and signs at either end of the highway welcoming you to Conifer.

Do you have a distinct line between the two towns?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Aug 2010 20:28 #2 by Nic at Night
I always wondered that myself, old and new Safeway?Seems like they just smooze together.

23 Aug 2010 21:15 #3 by Cupcake
And Aspen Park's post office is 80433 (Conifer).

Imagine how those of us who live here are confused!

Looking forward to a response to this thread from anyone who knows where the "lines" are.

24 Aug 2010 11:49 #4 by EddieWess
Here is what think about that:

There is no line because Conifer is an unincorporated town, I do not know that there are official boundaries to an unincorporated town. Aspen Park I am pretty sure is a subdivision of Conifer. I guess you could delineate Conifer by saying it is zip code 80433.

And please, don't anyone get the brilliant idea of incorporating. That will certainly result in a new layer of taxes and we all know there are people here who would be vehemently opposed to that :biggrin: .

24 Aug 2010 13:09 #5 by ComputerBreath
Sometime between June 2005 and now, the Flume had an article about all of this. It did not enlighten me any further, and I am unable to spend the time to search the archives to find it. It included the signs for Aspen Park, Conifer, and Pine and postal information.

24 Aug 2010 13:12 #6 by The Viking

EddieWess wrote: Here is what think about that:

There is no line because Conifer is an unincorporated town, I do not know that there are official boundaries to an unincorporated town. Aspen Park I am pretty sure is a subdivision of Conifer. I guess you could delineate Conifer by saying it is zip code 80433.

And please, don't anyone get the brilliant idea of incorporating. That will certainly result in a new layer of taxes and we all know there are people here who would be vehemently opposed to that :biggrin: .

You mean Conifer has a Suburb? So those that live there are suburbanites? We can say they live in the Burbs?

24 Aug 2010 13:41 #7 by EddieWess

The Viking wrote:

EddieWess wrote: Here is what think about that:

You mean Conifer has a Suburb? So those that live there are suburbanites? We can say they live in the Burbs?

Fear not Viking, Aspen Parkers are not suburbanites. What I said was that Aspen Park is a subdivision of Conifer, not a suburb. So, if anything, the residents of AP are subdivisees. So don't worry, if you live in AP you don't have to cut your grass or any suburbanny thing like that.

24 Aug 2010 18:52 #8 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I'd say it is at the new overpass to the new Safeway. from the Welcome to Conifer sign at Meyer Ranch to the new overpass is Aspen Park and anything south of that is Conifer until you hit the other Welcome to Conifer sign near Pine.

24 Aug 2010 19:04 #9 by Wayne Harrison
Yeah, Pine. We live in Pine Junction. We are 7 miles from Conifer, 7 miles from "downtown Pine" and 7 miles from Bailey, but our mailing address is Pine cause we are less than one mile from the Pine Post Office.

The west "Welcome to Conifer" sign is across from Elk Creek Elementary which has a Pine address.

I once called directory assistance to order a Dominoes pizza cause I didn't have the number.. "What city?" I said "Aspen Park" and it gave me the number and connected me and I ordered it.

When I got to the Dominoes Pizza in Aspen Park they didn't have my order. Turns out I had been connected to the Dominoes in Aspen and my pizza was waiting there.

24 Aug 2010 19:09 #10 by V_A

Wayne Harrison wrote: I once called directory assistance to order a Dominoes pizza cause I didn't have the number.. "What city?" I said "Aspen Park" and it gave me the number and connected me and I ordered it.

When I got to the Dominoes Pizza in Aspen Park they didn't have my order. Turns out I had been connected to the Dominoes in Aspen and my pizza was waiting there.

LOL, it would of been funny if you ordered delivery

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds