Where do you draw the line between Aspen Park & Conifer?

24 Aug 2010 19:20 #11 by EddieWess

billy wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: I once called directory assistance to order a Dominoes pizza cause I didn't have the number.. "What city?" I said "Aspen Park" and it gave me the number and connected me and I ordered it.

When I got to the Dominoes Pizza in Aspen Park they didn't have my order. Turns out I had been connected to the Dominoes in Aspen and my pizza was waiting there.

LOL, it would of been funny if you ordered delivery

I think its sad that he had to order from Dominoes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Aug 2010 23:00 #12 by Local_Historian
Technically speaking, Aspen Park is not a town at all - it's supposed to be just a housing subdivision, like Brook Forest, Deer Valley, Harris Park, Woodside.

According to the postal system, it doesn't exist as a town.

So technically, it's all Conifer up until Elk Creek Elementary.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me - it's always been Aspen Park even when all that was there was a liqour store, a hardware store, a giant hot dog and a small City Market store. And no one had a clue where you were talking about.

25 Aug 2010 06:22 #13 by Wayne Harrison

EddieWess wrote:

billy wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: I once called directory assistance to order a Dominoes pizza cause I didn't have the number.. "What city?" I said "Aspen Park" and it gave me the number and connected me and I ordered it.

When I got to the Dominoes Pizza in Aspen Park they didn't have my order. Turns out I had been connected to the Dominoes in Aspen and my pizza was waiting there.

That was back in the day when we only had ONE pizza place.

25 Aug 2010 06:50 #14 by pacamom

Local_Historian wrote: <snip>

According to the postal system, it doesn't exist as a town.

So technically, it's all Conifer up until Elk Creek Elementary.

<snip>

So the people who live along Elk Creek Rd (Shaffer's Crossing) have Conifer addresses?

25 Aug 2010 15:21 #15 by HEARTLESS
I draw the line when Park County men come looking for our (Jeffco) womenz. :angry:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

25 Aug 2010 21:31 #16 by Local_Historian
No, Paca - we (the whole Schaffer's Crossing area) Have Pine addresses. It's the closest post office.

yeah, it's messed up - the utilities say we're in Conifer, but the mail comes to Pine, and some of the people in Pine proper (now Pine Grove) get their mail in Buffalo Creek.

I don't get it.

25 Aug 2010 23:19 #17 by Sunshine Girl
Seems like Aspen Park is the most eastern part of Conifer to me. I use the two interchangeably anyways. :biggrin:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

26 Aug 2010 08:00 #18 by pacamom
I always tell people I live in Pine Junction. If I tell them I live in Pine, and then give them directions to the house, they get really confused.

Does Wandcrest have Pine or Bailey addresses?

26 Aug 2010 08:17 #19 by Sunshine Girl

HEARTLESS wrote: I draw the line when Park County men come looking for our (Jeffco) womenz. :angry:

:rofl

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

26 Aug 2010 13:29 #20 by EddieWess

Wayne Harrison wrote:

EddieWess wrote:

billy wrote:

That was back in the day when we only had ONE pizza place.

Wayne, we've been through this many times before. I am from Chicago, therefore we don't have pizza here, with the exception of the take-n-bake from Base Camp in Indian Hills.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds