RUMOR MILL???? can u explain?

14 Mar 2024 16:55 #1 by homeagain
Conifer, CO • 23 hr ago

I have lived in the Bailey area for over 8 years. When I first moved here, I volunteered and then worked at Intermountain Humane Society for 5 years. I know IMHS and the good the organization has done for this community. After the pandemic, it has been hard (as with most businesses) to get back on their feet. Recently Dr. Jeff, Rocky Mountain Vet (National Geographic) moved his clinic, Planned Pethood, from Wheatridge to Conifer. He also incorporated IMHS into his nonprofit, Planned Pethood International. I have been volunteering with them to help them navigate our community. Unfortunately, negative rumors are going around about Planned Pethood. The latest posting states that PPI is closing IMHS. This rumor is far from the truth. The shelter is NOT CLOSING. If anything they are expanding the rescue by investing more money into the facility, fixing and updating the old cabin and log cabin building. Has there been some bumps in the transition? Of course. Any new business needs time to relocate and fit into the new community. Change is hard but change is good. All I ask of this community is to give Planned Pethood a chance to get settled and ignore these negative rumors. Thank you

THIS was on NEXTDOOR MONTROSE COLORADO......(western slope).......I live here now, does anyone have a clue about this rumor???? IT SOUND LIKE A REALLY GOOD THING......why would there be negative comments???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Mar 2024 17:42 #2 by HappyCamper
We are not on Nextdoor but have not heard anything.

14 Mar 2024 17:45 #3 by HappyCamper
For the most part, we look to see what folks at IMHS are saying but if they choose to only post on forums where we are not we do not hear it.

When possible we take supplies but we can't always do it.

14 Mar 2024 17:53 - 14 Mar 2024 18:40 #4 by homeagain
THANKS......the format for our area also includes posts from other states and locations.....mostly sunset pictures and animals and other nice things...this popped in and I went WHAT???

I wonder of SC has more info, she is plugged into most events.....I believe the poster name was Parks (I think Kathy)......I am not on Facebook ,perhaps it is a Instagram or Facebook thing (which I am not into)

16 Mar 2024 09:35 #5 by homeagain
About Us
The Intermountain Way

Intermountain Humane Society is committed to serving our intermountain community by providing socially conscious animal sheltering, animal welfare education and advocacy, and to be the community’s leading resource for animal welfare, working to improve the lives of people and their pets.

We are a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.

Community Focused | Socially Conscious | Progressive | Professional | Impactful

Announcing Exciting News for the future of IMHS!

IMHS is proud to announce a partnership with Dr. Jeff Young and his team from Planned Pethood International who you may know from the Animal Planet series, Dr. Jeff - Rocky Mountain Vet. This is a win-win for two non-profit organizations sharing a similar mission: reduce the number of homeless pets and provide care for those in need. We are so excited to see what we can accomplish together. Both organizations subsist solely on the generous donations of animal lovers and grants and we hope we have your continued support moving forward.

We're working hard to be the best little shelter in the Universe!

We are passionate about advocating for animals in need and placing them with the very best families; together along with our community, we’ve accomplished so much! Our vision is to be the leading resource for dogs, cats, and pet stewards in Park County and the surrounding mountain communities.

At Intermountain Humane Society, we serve, educate and inspire our intermountain community to advance the welfare of animals, elevate their value in society, and improve peoples lives through the unique benefits that only pets can provide. We work to safeguard, rescue, shelter, rehabilitate, adopt out, and advocate for animals in need. We serve both animals and people by offering programs that promote animal health and responsible pet-stewardship that fosters compassion and improves the animal-human bond.

We are proud that we are a PACFA-licensed sheltering facility!

We work hard to maintain our certification through Colorado's Department of Agriculture, Pet Animal Care Facilities Act (PACFA), not all facilities receive this award, it means the pets you adopt from us, have received the highest level of care possible.

PACFA “is a model program for states across the country and is dedicated to protecting the health and well-being of those animals in pet care facilities. PACFA is committed to making sure that pet care facilities meet, or exceed, minimum standards for physical facilities; sanitation; ventilation; lighting; heating; cooling; humidity; spatial and enclosure requirements; nutrition; humane care; medical treatment; methods of operation and record-keeping.”

HERE is the web site info.....the SECOND BOLDED is an accomplishment! I have volunteered there ,way back when the OLD BOD were operating the shelter in a inefficient,illegal; method...it was a nightmare and THEN there was a scandal......THIS organization has be come so strong and the leadership is doing a MAGNIFICENT JOB.....I ask that whoever is stoking the rumor mill...STOP, IT IS A TRAVESTY TO GIVE THEM GRIEF. THIS partnership will benefit the unfortunate animals (and there r MANY) and that is a blessing beyond belief....DONATE,VOLUNTEER,DO GOOD,NOT GIVE GRIEF.
enough said.

16 Mar 2024 10:59 #6 by ScienceChic
The rumor that IMHS was closing seems to have been started by a former (possibly disgruntled) volunteer. Dr Jeff’s cancer has returned and is more aggressive (there’s a GoFundMe for him), but the rumor that IMHS will be closed is not true.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Mar 2024 12:43 #7 by homeagain
Thank you for clarifying that .....the rumor stretched over the mountain and into the western slope...amazing.

18 Mar 2024 18:30 #8 by FredHayek
Hope they stay. We have adopted a couple of dogs from there and donate to them every December.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds