Issues on 285 last night

27 Aug 2010 10:57 #1 by ShilohLady
I used the CDOT "contact us" link to complain about the construction through the canyon being more than 2 hours past the scheduled time yesterday. I received the following response:

Thank you for your email. We are aware of the problems occurring with the late work on US 285 in Turkey Creek Canyon. The contractor has been fined for delays on both Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday, as the problems worsened, a stop work notice was issued. Today, on Friday, the contractor is installing temporary median barrier (to replace the permanent barrier removed on Thursday) to make the road safe for the weekend, but no work beyond that is allowed. In order to continue, the contractor must present us a feasible plan that demonstrates he will be able to meet the contracted work hours.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are working to resolve these issues with the contractor.

Tara Galvez
Public Relations Office

This tells me that CDOT is responsive to the issues and hopefully the contractor will get their act together and not cause such problems in the future.

THANKS, CDOT!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Aug 2010 11:49 #2 by V_A
Replied by V_A on topic Issues on 285 last night
Nice to see they are on it

27 Aug 2010 13:40 #3 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic Issues on 285 last night
I was going to start a thread about that work on 285. I go through there at about 7:45 am and after 6:00 pm so I never see the work being done and I gotta ask, because I see nothing different, what the hell are they doing?

27 Aug 2010 14:11 #4 by Local_Historian
Is this down near Morrison where they are pouring a new barrier? I was through there around 1pm yeterday, and I find the machine fascinating, though it was causing serious traffic problems going uphill. Why is this not being done as night work?

27 Aug 2010 14:13 #5 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic Issues on 285 last night
is that the machine that pours and forms the barriers? It is amazing to watch

Eddie, they are doing rock scaling, replacing the barriers, milling and paving.

27 Aug 2010 14:15 #6 by EddieWess

pacamom wrote: is that the machine that pours and forms the barriers? It is amazing to watch

Well I gotta give 'em credit, they sure do clean up nice.

27 Aug 2010 14:17 #7 by Local_Historian
Agreed - I hd no clue the rest was going on - I only saw the barrier machine.

27 Aug 2010 14:40 #8 by ShilohLady
Replied by ShilohLady on topic Issues on 285 last night
I suspect that's the plan for what all is to be accomplished and so far they've just been working on barriers.

27 Aug 2010 19:01 #9 by EddieWess

pacamom wrote: is that the machine that pours and forms the barriers? It is amazing to watch

Plus, I guess, I don't know what rock scaling is. (I really don't think it means they're climbing rocks).

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds