Conifer Cemetary

31 Aug 2010 15:30 #1 by CC
Conifer Cemetary was created by CC
How many of you knew there was a Conifer Cemetary where many of the founding fathers of Conifer and Aspen Park are buried.
This is a great story from the High Timber Times.

A monument to community service: Aspiring Eagle Scout working to clean up Conifer Cemetery

By Barbara Ford

The Conifer Cemetery, once forgotten and neglected, is getting some much-needed care, fencing and a new sign, thanks to a local Boy Scout.

“I love history,” said Noel West Lane IV, a member of Troop 400 based in Conifer. “My project has started to grow on me.”

Lane’s project began as a way to earn his Eagle Scout badge, but his motivation has changed from simply earning the badge to caring for part of his community. Lane, 17, hopes Conifer cares as much about the 121-year-old cemetery as he does. He is asking for help to clear dead wood and remove small trees from gravesites, and to mow, weed, and chip wood.

The next cleanup day is Sept. 4 beginning at 8 a.m. at the cemetery at U.S. 285 and Pleasant Park Road.

http://www.lcni5.com/cgi-bin/c2.cgi?039 ... 4039039001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Aug 2010 21:18 #2 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Conifer Cemetary
Interesting - history shows it as Pleasant Park cemetery, not Conifer, even though it's close. But very nice to see it cleaned up. need to get someone doing that on the Central City ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds