Tourists - a short rant

07 Sep 2010 09:53 #11 by Scooby72
Replied by Scooby72 on topic Tourists - a short rant

pound dog mom wrote: I guess I still believe in the old saying, treat people the way you want to be treated. I like to be nice to people and have people be nice to me. All these grumpy people should live somewhere where rudeness is just a way of life. In Los Angles, you are afraid to even look at someone wrong for fear of your life. Maybe, if they went there for a while they would calm their booties down. Heck fast food... you cannot even order in most of the places because they do not understand you so it takes an forever just to place an order (and then it is usually wrong.) No way, I will take the long lines at Coney Island with the great kids that work there and their ability to service me as best they can with all the weekenders.

Well said, if you complained in NY, you'd probably get a swift kick in the arse. :biggrin: One of the reasons I like living up here is how friendly people generally are - I like to have a quick chat with people, especially the small business' up here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Sep 2010 10:53 #12 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Tourists - a short rant
The tourists are just spoiled by how quick everything moves downstream.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Sep 2010 13:03 #13 by ComputerBreath
In Breckenridge, tourists are called "gapers". Largely because they stop in the middle of the road or sidewalk and "gape" at the surroundings. I understand they are what makes Breckenridge and a lot of mountain communities tick and survive, but I wish a lot of them would use their brains instead of leaving them at home!

08 Sep 2010 13:12 #14 by Local_Historian
I get that, CB - I used to live in Gunnison, and I cannot tell you how many times tourists told me they saw elk - while pointing to a herd of cattle.

I got served at Coney Island in a timely manner, so did everyone else. A Hamburger does NOT cook faster at a restaurant than it does at home - and if you're willing to wait for it to be cooked right at home, you need to be willing to wait for it to be cooked right at a restaurant. Or just stay home.

And if you change your mind, there is no reason you have to be nasty to the kid who is doing his job and doing it well. No one forced you to stop, stand in line, and order.

09 Sep 2010 13:22 #15 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic Tourists - a short rant

Wayne Harrison wrote: I guess it depends on your definition of "fast food."

When I was a kid, we didn't have fast food. We only had slow food.

Yeah. and you had to hit it over the head witha rock and drag it to
the cave to eat it.

(Was that before fire or could you cook it?) :biggrin:

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds