Local Musicians....

27 May 2010 16:55 #1 by CC
Local Musicians.... was created by CC
(hint,hint Eddie)
How many of our members are musicians.
I know Eddie and LadyJazzer are. Who else.
It would be really cool to have a bit of a jam session at our picnic in August.
Any takers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2010 19:53 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Local Musicians....
I begged my mother for piano lessons when I was little, but never got them. Hoping to learn when I sign my kids up for them...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 May 2010 20:38 #3 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Local Musicians....
Even if you do not jam, I love to see you there and meet you.

27 May 2010 21:12 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Local Musicians....

Rockdoc wrote: Even if you do not jam, I love to see you there and meet you.

I'd love to meet you and SG and the rest of the Bounders as well! Unless something pops up, I'm planning on being there (wherever Becky's is - I'm guessing we'll get directions PM'd closer to the event!), with the fam too if that's okay!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 May 2010 22:22 #5 by BuyersAgent1
Replied by BuyersAgent1 on topic Local Musicians....
I'm a lifelong pianist and would be thrilled to teach anyone who might be interested in learning, or accompany anybody who wants a backdrop. Also play guitar and other strings, have a way interesting Middle Eastern hand-held string instrument my sister sent me that is "on the list when I get everything else done," think it's some kind of harp. Trained on Classics, one day it "came to me" I was going to end up playing Moon River in some bar if I didn't focus on something else -- the practical equivalent of living in a van down by the river. lol Would love to do the Ramsey Louis Thing, also "on the list."

Science Chic: PM me, I'll have you playing before you leave my place the very first day, and no charge either. I've a special technique for motivated adults such as yourself, taught both kids without a single official lesson (no tears either) and once taught a Craig Hospital employee with the most gorgeous voice to read music...in the exact same (30 minutes) period of time. All you need to know is what you would like to play so dream first, then let me hear from you, please, it would be such an honor for me to share music with you.

27 May 2010 22:56 #6 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Local Musicians....
Here are some pictures of picnics from the past. You may recognize some of these folks if you look real close.

28 May 2010 01:35 #7 by Rockdoc

Science Chic wrote:

Rockdoc wrote: Even if you do not jam, I love to see you there and meet you.

I'd love to meet you and SG and the rest of the Bounders as well! Unless something pops up, I'm planning on being there (wherever Becky's is - I'm guessing we'll get directions PM'd closer to the event!), with the fam too if that's okay!

Now that would make things even better if we got to meet you and your family. Oh I hope we keep it on the 14th as I will be there baring unforeseen circumstances. It will be so much fun to meet new people and see old friends. We can share a few science insights. I think of myself as a scientist first and geologist second. lol I'll need to wear my photographer hat so I can post one of the event on Fb285 page. Looking forward to meeting so many of you.

28 May 2010 01:41 #8 by Rockdoc

BuyersAgent wrote: I'm a lifelong pianist and would be thrilled to teach anyone who might be interested in learning, or accompany anybody who wants a backdrop. Also play guitar and other strings, have a way interesting Middle Eastern hand-held string instrument my sister sent me that is "on the list when I get everything else done," think it's some kind of harp. Trained on Classics, one day it "came to me" I was going to end up playing Moon River in some bar if I didn't focus on something else -- the practical equivalent of living in a van down by the river. lol Would love to do the Ramsey Louis Thing, also "on the list."

Science Chic: PM me, I'll have you playing before you leave my place the very first day, and no charge either. I've a special technique for motivated adults such as yourself, taught both kids without a single official lesson (no tears either) and once taught a Craig Hospital employee with the most gorgeous voice to read music...in the exact same (30 minutes) period of time. All you need to know is what you would like to play so dream first, then let me hear from you, please, it would be such an honor for me to share music with you.

At every turn you continue to surprise me with your multiple talents. WOW. Music is a discipline for which I have little talent but a huge appreciation. Maybe I could learn to read music enough so I can sing the tenor part of Silent Night, something I've yearned to do. I want to learn before Christmas so Hunter (our 10 yr old) and I can do a duet like we did for an assisted living home in Evergreen last year. Then I sang in german and she in English. It would be better if we both sang in the same language but different parts. Now, I confess I do not have a gorgeous voice. I just like to sing Christmas carols.

28 May 2010 12:40 #9 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic Local Musicians....

Becky wrote: Here are some pictures of picnics from the past. You may recognize some of these folks if you look real close.

I tried to Tag me but couldn't, whats up with that????

Plus, I have lost some weight since then, thank God!

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds