Wish Park County would put a fire ban out before the weekend

16 Sep 2010 18:53 #11 by navycpo7

jf1acai wrote:

Fire Ban Information
Park County Fire Ban and Wildfire Information
STATUS: Park County is in a Stage I Fire Ban effective 9:00 am, Thursday, September 16, 2010 until rescinded.

The following acts are prohibited on all private property, public land, roads and trails described herein, until further notice:

Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire except a fire within a permanent constructed fire grate in a developed campground.
Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
Exemptions

Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the other wise prohibited act.
Persons using a fire solely fueled by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels.
Persons conducting activities in those designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by written posted notice.
Any federal, state or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
What is a Stage I and Stage II Fire Ban?

Stage I and Stage II Fire Ban Information

Source

JEFFCO is pretty much the same thing. So as I was going through the construction zone today, Schaffer Crossing, There they were smoking away while standing at thier signs. I explained to the so called supervisor of the cone crew and he just shrugged. Then I explained it this way, either follow it or tell it to the judge, I will call jeffco sheriffs. They then put them out, but what did they do later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2010 20:38 #12 by Abner

Jeffco has one in effect too - saw it on the sign on 73 today.

I saw the "FIRE BAN IN EFFECT" sign too @ Centaur Dr just below the Smokey the Bear High to Low fire safety sign. GREAT idea, I think a local citizen attached that hand made sign. Thank you local!!

It may not be legal, but it sure will get attention and respect,
no matter what county it was placed in...hmmm... :Southpark:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds