Please help - witnesses to accident desperately needed

27 May 2010 20:14 #1 by jaceyrowe
My daughter was involved in an accident on S285, Sunday, May 22, at 1:40pm, near Shaffer's Crossing. A vehicle passed her, going over the double line and then cutting in front of her. To avoid hitting that vehicle, my daughter had to go off the road to the right, and crashed her car. We are desperate for witnesses - know that at least 2 Good Samaritans stopped to check on her and my grandchildren. The police have given her a ticket with serious charges, including endangerment of her children who were seat-belted in the back seat. Evidence of anlother vehicle involvement is crucial to show that there was a cause. Please help if you saw the accident. Now is the time to be involved - Please help us. Call (303) 838-7880. God bless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2010 20:35 #2 by conifermtman
Has your daughter been in touch with an attorney? This does not sound like a case the prosecution can easily prove is your daughters fault unless they cops witnessed it. Just because your daughter was found off the road does not mean they know how she got there.

28 May 2010 09:56 #3 by I am Woman
I do hope your daughter and grandchildren are doing well. I hope someone can help you out. It doesn't seem fair for your daughter to save her children from being hurt and then get such a nasty ticket.

28 May 2010 15:43 #4 by jaceyrowe
Thank you for your kind thoughts -yes, I'm sure that we'll be retaining an attorney. Thank goodness the children were OK - my daughter ended up with a concussion and the doctor says that the terrible headache and dizziness should pass soon. We're keeping our fingers crossed that the 2 people who did see the accident will hear about this posting (or newspaper ads, and other posting) and give us a call. What a wonderful, caring community we live in!

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds