Just wondering how many others are still waiting?

18 Sep 2010 13:49 #1 by mountaindollar
We had our property mitigated last October and when they came they said the slash piles would be burned during the winter and no one ever came.

Starting in spring we began chipping the slash piles closest to the house moving out and what a job this has been.

We only have a small chipper we checked into have a service do it but it was way too expensive. Prices were fair but our lot is 5 acres and it was heavily treed so we have a ton of slash.

I am just curious how many others are like us waiting, as things dry out more and more? I am kicking myself for not being a squeaky wheel last winter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2010 16:32 #2 by CC
I see piles of slash all over the neighborhood.
I think they have to have so much snow on the ground to burn the slash. You might give them a call and get some direction.
I personally think these slash piles everywhere are dangerous.

18 Sep 2010 16:49 #3 by mountaindollar
No doubt they are a danger and yes they told us that there needs to be 3 inches of snow before they burn. I am more wondering how many people were cut before us that are still waiting.

DCVR says it is a fire wise community but if they never come back and deal with the slash my guess is many home owners like us will be spending their own money to get rid of it. With our 8 x 14 trailer would would probably have to make 50 trips or more to slash days and at $10.00 a load that will not be happening. Not to mention our schedule just does not allow it.

So what is worse a billion trees or a ton of slash piles who knows all I know as we are doing what we can as time allows and I am hoping for lots of snow this winter so there are no excuses on why they can not come burn them.

Ok, done ranting for now.

20 Sep 2010 11:54 #4 by CC
The next homeowners meeting is Oct 12 Mountaindollar. I know that they are heavily involved in the mitigation program. You might want to come and ask them.

20 Sep 2010 12:23 #5 by RenegadeCJ

mountaindollar wrote: No doubt they are a danger and yes they told us that there needs to be 3 inches of snow before they burn. I am more wondering how many people were cut before us that are still waiting.

DCVR says it is a fire wise community but if they never come back and deal with the slash my guess is many home owners like us will be spending their own money to get rid of it. With our 8 x 14 trailer would would probably have to make 50 trips or more to slash days and at $10.00 a load that will not be happening. Not to mention our schedule just does not allow it.

So what is worse a billion trees or a ton of slash piles who knows all I know as we are doing what we can as time allows and I am hoping for lots of snow this winter so there are no excuses on why they can not come burn them.

Ok, done ranting for now.

You might want to get a burn permit, and just do it yourself this winter. Very easy to do, and actually kind of fun. Just follow the rules, and talk to your fire dept, and wait till it snows!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

20 Sep 2010 12:41 #6 by mountaindollar
Thanks, we do have a burn permit and will do some burning as time permits just not enough hours in the day.

Need a snow day but if it snowing that hard I probably can not keep it burning. :wink:

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds