The real meaning of Memorial Day

28 May 2010 08:03 #1 by CC
Though I truly hope everyone kicks off their summer this weekend with a great BBQ or a first camping trip of the year. Hopefully we can stay focused at some point on what the Day truly means.
This is a difficult holiday for us because the meaning truly comes home for us.
We lost our Godson in Iraq on March 23, 2003. Our only son swore into the United States Marine Corps 5 days after his funeral.
No matter how you feel about the war or who is in power in our government, please take a moment on Monday to give thanks to our amazing sons and daughters who have so bravely volunteered to keep us safe while we sleep peacefully in our beds.
If you get a chance, attend the parade at Beaver Ranch that the Conifer VFW is sponsoring. The Conifer VFW is very close to our heart, as it is named in part for our Godson.
God Bless you all this weekend and may you all have a safe and fun weekend.
More importantly....God Bless our Soldiers, Sailers, Air Force and Marines who have given their final full measure for all of us.
(We love and miss you LCpl Thomas Slocum)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 May 2010 08:04 #2 by CC
Replied by CC on topic The real meaning of Memorial Day
Please feel free to post your patriotic tributes in this thread.

28 May 2010 08:08 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic The real meaning of Memorial Day
A very good idea, Becky. As a mother I feel for you. Best of luck and I will be thinking of you. It is hard to watch these kids put themselves in harms way for our country.

28 May 2010 08:09 #4 by Sunshine Girl

Becky wrote: Though I truly hope everyone kicks off their summer this weekend with a great BBQ or a first camping trip of the year. Hopefully we can stay focused at some point on what the Day truly means.
This is a difficult holiday for us because the meaning truly comes home for us.
We lost our Godson in Iraq on March 23, 2003. Our only son swore into the United States Marine Corps 5 days after his funeral.
No matter how you feel about the war or who is in power in our government, please take a moment on Monday to give thanks to our amazing sons and daughters who have so bravely volunteered to keep us safe while we sleep peacefully in our beds.
If you get a chance, attend the parade at Beaver Ranch that the Conifer VFW is sponsoring. The Conifer VFW is very close to our heart, as it is named in part for our Godson.
God Bless you all this weekend and may you all have a safe and fun weekend.
More importantly....God Bless our Soldiers, Sailers, Air Force and Marines who have given their final full measure for all of us.
(We love and miss you LCpl Thomas Slocum)

Thank you for posting this Becky and the reminder. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: RIP LCpl Thomas Slocum. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

28 May 2010 08:22 #5 by CC
and that is my very handsome son paying tribute...(by the way)
I am biased. LOL

28 May 2010 08:23 #6 by CinnamonGirl
He is very handsome.

28 May 2010 08:25 #7 by CC
Men in uniform just melt my heart!

28 May 2010 08:26 #8 by Sunshine Girl
What a hottie! :Whistle Will he be at the party? :jk: rofllol rofllol rofllol

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

28 May 2010 08:29 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Oh my lock up your sons.

28 May 2010 08:33 #10 by CC
Possibly.....but he is married LOL. Sorry all you single gals out there but someone already snatched him.
Bruce and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary a few days before so we hope to have all 4 kids home for that.
We haven't seen him in awhile so this Mom would like to count fingers and toes.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds