Hi I am new

28 May 2010 10:40 #1 by smkmj1
Hi I am new was created by smkmj1
... was a previous PC member, but like this site better. Just curious it seemed that nobody knew who the moderators were at PC which I find odd. I asked but my question was never answered. I like to know who is behind the idea and hope that this site is more "transparent"; it would be nice if those who founded and are running/moderating this site would introduce themselves. I've read some of the threads here and it seems there was a lot going on on PC that I was not aware of....
Anyways, I am glad for this site and its forums and looking forward to meeting lots of nice folks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 May 2010 10:48 #2 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Hi I am new
Well, welcome to the promise land, a place where your questions will not go unnoticed or unanswered. I've not asked who founded or who moderates here as I find the observed results do not require my knowing. This is not to say I don't care. I look forward to meeting one and all in person. Thus I can not help you with your question, but am certain others will chime in as is appropriate. Somehow I have the impression some of the people responsible for this site are biding their time a little more or have reasons to remain innocuous. Then again, perhaps the information you seek is here already and I simply have not looked.

Happy hunting, enjoy the journey, have fun and welcome.

28 May 2010 10:53 #3 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Hi I am new
Welcome! I think you will find this site is very transparent and open to all members. It is very welcoming and you will see that it really has such a positive energy compared to other sites.

I won't respond for them but the people who put all the time and effort into making this site have been very open about who they are. I am sure they will let you know. Plus one of the biggest differences you will see over here is how much they really listen to it's members. They have never yet told anyone to shut up or that they know what is best for you. They have teken so many suggestions and implimented them. I hope you enjoy it over here.

28 May 2010 10:59 #4 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Hi I am new
Welcome, If you read the "about us" link at the top of the home page, it may provide some of the info . you want. Since the site is still in "soft launch" mode and being refined it is a little premature to make too many public statements. I'm sure you specific questions will be answered very soon. As others have said your ideas and feedback is appreciated

28 May 2010 11:02 #5 by smkmj1
Replied by smkmj1 on topic Hi I am new
Thank you all for the warm welcome. One thing I wanted to point out, what I liked about the PC site is their home page with the weather and some top headlines/traffic on the front page; that's what I used to look at first thing.

28 May 2010 11:05 #6 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Hi I am new

smkmj1 wrote: Thank you all for the warm welcome. One thing I wanted to point out, what I liked about the PC site is their home page with the weather and some top headlines/traffic on the front page; that's what I used to look at first thing.

Agree with you that the front page needs some work, I think you'll be seeing some changes there. Thanks again

28 May 2010 11:07 #7 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Hi I am new

smkmj1 wrote: Thank you all for the warm welcome. One thing I wanted to point out, what I liked about the PC site is their home page with the weather and some top headlines/traffic on the front page; that's what I used to look at first thing.

If you go down about 1/3 of the way on the home page, you will see Weather with a bunch of local cities next to it. Click on your city and you get the exact same weather page as was on PC.

28 May 2010 11:18 #8 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Hi I am new
:wave:

28 May 2010 12:24 #9 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic Hi I am new
Hi,

We are revamping some of our graphics but the homepage has many links to news, weather, and information. The text is linked to other sites with weather information and the nice thing is you can go to many different sources. Just takes some getting used to and as I said we will be coming up with some changes on our homepage that we are very excited about. Here is a link to our weather links page and there are some links on the top left of all pages of the forum. :)

Thanks so much for the input, helps in serving you.

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

28 May 2010 16:24 #10 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic Hi I am new
Hi smkmj1,

LOL, we just realized we were answering a question in the thread and I neglected to answer your original post. I apologize. As JMC said, if you read our 'about us' page on our homepage, this is still a sort of beta version. We have plans for an actual roll out of the site. Moderating on this site used more to keep the site running, answer questions and monitor spam and that sort of thing, to protect the site and our members from internet spam and harm. So, most of our help is more volunteers that help in that capacity. We are still in soft mode and be assured we are here to help in any way we can. We hope that answers more of your questions.

Have a great Holiday Weekend

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds