Insurance Company Hires Private Firefighters To Save Homes

23 Sep 2010 08:09 #11 by netdude
They are fully certified and the range of homes were 300k into the million range and up. Not necessarily high value, just people smart enough to purchase this kind of insurance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2010 08:10 #12 by jf1acai

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

23 Sep 2010 08:57 #13 by CC
Anyone know the approximate cost of this kind of insurance.
Smart may have nothing to do with having this kind of insurance.
That kind of experience in JF's link cannot be cheap.

23 Sep 2010 10:47 #14 by FredHayek
I like it and need to look into it.

BTW, has anybody been better cleaning up the area around their houses since Four Mile? I have to admit that I still haven't got to it, but plan to get the chainsaw out this weekend and kill two birds with one stone. Firewood & fire mitigation.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Sep 2010 11:28 #15 by CC
It is my understanding that the properties that were burned were in a mitigated area.

Fire Mitigation West Of Boulder Under Review

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - Fire management officials and homeowners living in the heavily wooded, steep mountainsides, draws and canyons west of Boulder had planned for years for the fire that swept through the area on Labor Day.

They spent thousands of hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars cutting down trees, trimming branches and clearing brush and pine needles from the forest floor to remove fuel for such a fire.

Forest managers say those fire mitigation efforts worked, by some measures. There were no reported serious injuries or deaths from the 3,500 people who were evacuated or firefighters battling the blaze.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/09/ ... 1713.shtml

My property is 95% mitigated. I keep my grass mowed and remove slash all the time.
I hope it is enough to slow a fire down.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds