Longest running TV shows

28 Sep 2010 20:58 #1 by The Viking
A very interesting link. I didn't realize how many episodes Gunsmoke and Bonanza did back then. And at teh bottom it shows the most movie sequels of all time. Sherlock Holmes 98 of them.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/proutsy/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Sep 2010 21:01 #2 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Longest running TV shows
Gunsmoke ran for 20 years? And Bonanza had 430 episodes? And 249 of Andy Griffith? I thought I had seen most of them but I guess not.

28 Sep 2010 21:10 #3 by pineinthegrass
I think the magic number to go into syndication is something like 100 episodes.

Amazing how many shows I've never watched are well above that!

I guess 60 Minutes doesn't count?

28 Sep 2010 21:23 #4 by The Viking

pineinthegrass wrote: I think the magic number to go into syndication is something like 100 episodes.

Amazing how many shows I've never watched are well above that!

I guess 60 Minutes doesn't count?

Read the bottom, they are under a different criteria. I found another poll that has a whole lot of different shows. I wanted teh TV sitcoms and dramas. The other one has 20/20, 60 minutes, Sportscenter, and many others that have been on forever. I can find it again and post that too.

28 Sep 2010 21:26 #5 by The Viking
Here you go. Meet the Press has gone on for 62 years. Over 4800 episodes. This is a totally different list. It has soap operas and everything. Very interestign to see how long some have been on though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lo ... ion_series

28 Sep 2010 22:02 #6 by pineinthegrass

The Viking wrote: Here you go. Meet the Press has gone on for 62 years. Over 4800 episodes. This is a totally different list. It has soap operas and everything. Very interestign to see how long some have been on though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lo ... ion_series

4800 episodes? Wow! Can't wait until Meet the Press goes into syndication so I can catch up! :biggrin:

29 Sep 2010 04:58 #7 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Longest running TV shows
"Meet the Press has gone on for 62 years. Over 4800 episodes"
62 years, NO wonder this country is in such a mess, 62 years of leftist propaganda.
Throw in Oprah, 20/20, 60 minutes and that's a whole lot of CRAP!

29 Sep 2010 08:00 #8 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic Longest running TV shows
Back in the day, the magic number was 3 years and then they began making money.

Now, syndication starts the year of the show. At least, that's how I interpret seeing some show on one of the networks and later that week it's on cable. Of course, the network might own the cable company.

Too bad Law & Order didn't beat out Gunsmoke. I think Law & Order had too many cutsie ADAs as second chair. The blond who turned out to be a lesbian and this latest one just don't have personality. Their facial expressions barely change and their voices have little inflection.

Of course, that seems to be the trend these days, no inflection and no facial changes.

I always loved The Philadelphia Story, with Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn. At one point, they are all talking and Jimmy realizes that KH still loves Cary. The shift in his facial expression was so subtle it was just incredible. He never said a word, his body language didn't change, but you knew by that tiny, tiny change what he was feeling.

We used to have great actors on TV, too, and dramas. No more. Too expensive and the mob won't watch them.

29 Sep 2010 17:59 #9 by Martin Ent Inc
Happy days? just asking.

30 Sep 2010 00:10 #10 by The Viking

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Happy days? just asking.

#30 255 episodes. Found a great site to watch all of them and more. Never saw this site before.

http://www.ovguide.com/tv/happy_days.htm

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds