Mountain Holiday Travel-Interesting Stats

29 May 2010 08:28 #1 by MyMountainTown

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 May 2010 09:37 #2 by LadyJazzer
I love the line about "We didn't have to go through any security to get here. I didn't have to take my shoes off for anyone." It's getting to be like that for me too. I get so tired of the hassles of airports, security lines, stripping for the TSA, and then you get to your gate and your flight has about 50% chance of being canceled, delayed, or moved, and if you manage to get on it, and it actually pushes back from the gate, you are nickled and dimed for every single thing. I swear if those oxygen masks DO drop down in an emergency, you'd better have a VISA card handy...

29 May 2010 11:26 #3 by Rockdoc

LadyJazzer wrote: I love the line about "We didn't have to go through any security to get here. I didn't have to take my shoes off for anyone." It's getting to be like that for me too. I get so tired of the hassles of airports, security lines, stripping for the TSA, and then you get to your gate and your flight has about 50% chance of being canceled, delayed, or moved, and if you manage to get on it, and it actually pushes back from the gate, you are nickled and dimed for every single thing. I swear if those oxygen masks DO drop down in an emergency, you'd better have a VISA card handy...

I hear your pain. I've got security down pretty well now. Loafers, put belt, all jewelry (watch), wallet, coins, glasses etc in Backpack before I get to security. Taking computer out is still a pain. It works for me and keeps the hassle to a minimum. It used to be that when they saw i was traveling to the Saudi, I would ALWAYS be "randomly chosen" for a special shake down. Yes, the fun of traveling is not getting there that is for sure.

Now if I keep my Freq F miles in tact, I could reach a level where I can circumvent most of this nonsense. They really ought to consider profiling people who travel a lot and are known not to cause a problem and giving them a fast track.
One can only hope.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds