Mom hears late daughter’s heart beat — inside donee

03 Oct 2010 12:27 #11 by major bean
Sunshine Girl, I cry very seldom. If I read a story that touched my very deeply, I would be disingenuous to tell you that I cried. But I realize that not everyone can be as detached as I.
It is my observation that news media has no sense of decency. They try to cover up their/our voyerism with candy coating. These matters should be kept private and not diaplayed as a side show.

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Oct 2010 16:43 #12 by Sunshine Girl

major bean wrote: Sunshine Girl, I cry very seldom. If I read a story that touched my very deeply, I would be disingenuous to tell you that I cried. But I realize that not everyone can be as detached as I.
It is my observation that news media has no sense of decency. They try to cover up their/our voyerism with candy coating. These matters should be kept private and not diaplayed as a side show.

I understand, but if the news media didn't cover this story then it is unlikely they would have found each other. I personally find nothing wrong with the story. With all the negative stories out there I do love hearing the heartwarming ones. I am one that always likes to find the silver lining in even the most tragic things life has to deal us. It would be me great comfort to know that if the unthinkable happened, and I lost a child, that part of them would live on. Two little boys still have their mother thanks to the most generous gift one can give. And yes Major Bean, I am a sap thru and thru. I have embarrassed my children on more than one occasion at the movie theaters. I was balling like a baby at Toy Story 3 so that should tell you something. lol

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

04 Oct 2010 15:20 #13 by CinnamonGirl
I agree SG. As a mother I just know how that must be for that mother and few loved ones get to see how the wonderfulness of what their gift gave. I think the media outlet did a rotten job of ever doing it but the story is incredible.

04 Oct 2010 19:23 #14 by Sunshine Girl
"I think the media outlet did a rotten job of ever doing it but the story is incredible."

What do you mean by the media did a rotten job? What did they do that was wrong?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

05 Oct 2010 02:21 #15 by CinnamonGirl
I just thought they over did the death of the daughter. I don't like it when they over do stuff in a really overly emotional manner. It takes away from the story.

05 Oct 2010 06:48 #16 by homeagain
I agree that,in general, the media is a vampire sucking emotional stories dry just to get ratings/viewers. BUT,in this case,the LACK OF
DONORS is the core of the issue and when you can draw attention to the DIRE NEED of organ donors and the ultimate GOOD that comes
from this act of selflessness,sometimes,it is warranted.JMO

05 Oct 2010 07:31 #17 by Sunshine Girl
IMO I don't think the media did anything wrong at all and I have a strong feeling neither did the families. All the news did was report a tragic accident in one state, and a heart transplant in another. The concerned families did the rest with their own investigative work and piecing things together. It turned out just as both wanted. No privacy issues violated and I don't think the families would agree with anyone stating that this was blown out of proportion or that this matter was mishandled. The need for organ donation is not something that is gross, sad maybe that people did, but not gross. It gives the ultimate gift of life to those with no other option. I thought the story was beautiful in every aspect and I'm sure both families would agree. Prayers to both of the families. :heart:

05 Oct 2010 07:44 #18 by CinnamonGirl
Agreed. I was talking on a personal level, not about it being wrong. Just personal preference on my part but I did post the story because it was amazing and if two families want to get to get together like this, I think it can be a very healing thing on both sides. The story is beautiful. I am not a fan of mushy media. That over doing it is silly to me but loved the whole story.

05 Oct 2010 07:55 #19 by Sunshine Girl
The courage that I've seen some families make by passing laws, etc. in the wake of a child's death or assault is something that I truly admire. I never get tired of those kinds of heart-warming stories. :wink: :biggrin: :heart:

05 Oct 2010 08:26 #20 by Wayne Harrison
Perhaps, as a result of the story, it will encourage others to consider organ donation.

We are asked to donate organs. We seldom see the good it does, as we did in this story.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds