Mom hears late daughter’s heart beat — inside donee

02 Oct 2010 11:22 #1 by CinnamonGirl
That has to be an incredible thing.
13-year-old’s donated organs saved life: ‘Her heart had this huge kick’

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/39456266/ ... ?GT1=43001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Oct 2010 15:53 #2 by major bean
Stories like this are not heartwarming. It is more akin to the grotesque.

Regards,
Major Bean

02 Oct 2010 15:59 #3 by CinnamonGirl
I don't know. If I lost my child and knew that my daughter's heart was somewhere that has to be..... Not sure how to describe it. But they way over did the emotional stuff on that video. I hate that part.

02 Oct 2010 18:13 #4 by ScienceChic
I read this story and couldn't stop crying (didn't even dare touch the video!). Grotesque, no - she got to witness first hand the blessing her daughter's life has bestowed upon others and find some comfort from the pain of her daughter's loss. It's only grotesque if you merely focus on the details of the actual transplantation and don't consider that the lady who received the heart will get to continue living and being a mother to her children, or how the families of the other recipients feel knowing they have their loved one for longer.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

02 Oct 2010 18:57 #5 by homeagain
Major........IF you can allow your mind to perceive ANOTHER scenario,it might be this...........the two MOST NOBEL acts of
kindness a human being can give are this, donating BLOOD and donating your organs (upon your demise.....since YOU no longer
have a need for them)..........what a GENEROUS and truly loving gesture from one human being to another. JMO :heart:

02 Oct 2010 19:02 #6 by major bean
I know all of the PC, sob story, feel good line that is put forward.
It is sick. It resembles macabre.

Regards,
Major Bean

02 Oct 2010 19:11 #7 by homeagain
PERHAPS, you just MIGHT feel somewhat different when you are laying in a hospital bed and your doctor sits down beside you
and states your (name the organ) is damaged beyond repair and YOU need a transplant.......when YOUR life is hanging in that
nebulous state of limbo and you are DEPENDENT upon another's gracious,giving act of selflessness........come and SPEAK to me
then....... :Whistle

02 Oct 2010 20:06 #8 by CinnamonGirl
I didn't see it as PC. The story was overdone by the network but this is an amazing story. It has to be incredibly... once again I lose my words. It is like her daughter is still alive and she knows that her daughter's death was not in vain.

02 Oct 2010 20:14 #9 by jf1acai
I don't know how to word it either, but the closest I can come is Wonderful!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

03 Oct 2010 11:03 #10 by Sunshine Girl
Major Bean I can't even begin to see it for a second as you do. On the contrary, I to cried the during the entire video. I have a daughter very close in age to her and I would be devastated if I lost her. I too would donate her organs so others might live. The mother NEEDED to have a connection and she was able to receive it. I'm sure it made the tragic loss of her daughter a tiny bit easier. Think of how many other people were helped because of her. Not only them, but all the people that will be helped because of the website in her name. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds