Ghost Stories from South Park, Colorado

02 Oct 2010 16:08 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Ghost Stories from South Park, Colorado was created by CinnamonGirl
It's October First, and so during this month that ends with Halloween I wanted to be one of the first to submit some of my favorite ghost stories from one of my favorite locales, South Park, Colorado.

In the late 1970s and early 1980s I wrote for the Park County Republican and Fairplay Flume newspaper, located in Fairplay (South Park), Colorado. Local residents had told me a number of stories about local ghosts and haunted houses, so I asked my editor if I could do a story on the subject. Being concerned with irate homeowners who might feel that their property values would plummet as a result, the story idea was spiked. That was well before the phenomenon at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park.

Read more...

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... tml?cat=37

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Oct 2010 23:26 #2 by Local_Historian
Hmm my favorite is the ghost train in south park.

03 Oct 2010 05:39 #3 by HEARTLESS
Thanks for the article CG. And shame on you LH for the tease only. If you can post a link of tell us the story we would love it.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

03 Oct 2010 17:54 #4 by 40coupe
I'm aware that Salida and Leadville both offer October 'Ghost Walks' through the local cemetaries, and have wondered if Fairplay mightn't do the same. If so, they'd have a pretty good
'cast of characters' to choose from. Judge Neil Reynolds leads the Leadville walk through Evergreen Cemetary, usually dressed in period costume.

04 Oct 2010 04:46 #5 by TPP
I have a couple from Green Valley Conifer, but not South Park, so....

04 Oct 2010 08:34 #6 by ComputerBreath
I think Alma does Ghost Walks through their cemetery. But I have no idea who to ask or where to go to find out the information and I'm not sure when exactly they do them.

05 Oct 2010 12:27 #7 by NorCan
Cripple Creek does a town ghost walk and also a cemetary ghost walk.

Canon City also has a ghost walk through the downtown area, as well as the "Haunted Prison" closer to the end of the month.

05 Oct 2010 12:49 #8 by Local_Historian
Central City is doing a ghost walk every saturday night by reservation only - the 30th is already full, of course.

http://www.centralcityparkway.com/creepycrawl/

As for the story, I've never seen it online, so I'll peruse the books and get it online as soon as I can.

06 Oct 2010 08:33 #9 by mtn60
how bout some more stories from others as well ? ?????

06 Oct 2010 13:29 #10 by ComputerBreath
My youngest used to work at the Fairplay Hotel (now the Fairplay-Valiton Hotel). It was his job to clean up the kitchen and bar area when the place closed down. He says on more than one occasion, he would be one of two people in that area of the Hotel and would come into the bar and a certain bar stool would be whirling around and around with no sign of stopping.

He also said that there were wierd things that went on in the basement, and there were other people working there that refused to go into the basement and always sent him.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds