How do you compare in spending

06 Oct 2010 07:14 #1 by JMC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2010 09:14 #2 by RCCL
Replied by RCCL on topic How do you compare in spending
Wait... so if the three day average hovers around $60... does that mean that people, on average, spend $20 a day on food and entertainment? Because... wow.... I'd like to have that kind of monetary freedom! I've had to survive on much less, and done my best, from buying bread and peanut butter for a week's worth of meals to once surviving on hot pockets and kool-aid for a week at $6... I'm not hurting for money anymore, but I'm definitely living paycheck to paycheck, spending less than $10 a day on food, toiletries, and other expenses (save gas). They say it's discounting home bills, so without those... I guess I'm 1/2 of average?

06 Oct 2010 10:05 #3 by 2wlady
Household bills seems open to interpretation. Also, when did they ask people? Some may have been on vacation the day before, meaning extra spent there.

I guess I have more questions than this answers.

06 Oct 2010 13:25 #4 by ComputerBreath
This has to be skewed...I buy gasoline for my truck about twice a week, so if I had been asked the question for the day I bought gasoline, those expenses alone would have been $30 to $40. Also, I do the majority of my grocery shopping once a month, or once every six weeks. So, again, had they caught me the day after I went to the commissary, my daily expenses not only would have increased due to gasoline, but also by at least $100...usually $200.

And what is considered household bills? Because dang-it that is where the majority of my money goes. Is this how much a person spends a day on other than household expenses or how much they consume of what they spent?

06 Oct 2010 23:46 #5 by Local_Historian
Ommitting gas and household bills, I fall WELL under the lowest number recorded. But like CB said - catch me on grocery day, and the number goes up. But daily? I go days without spending money at all. I know, how unamerican of me!

08 Oct 2010 10:50 #6 by Grace
I am well under the average. My biggest expense are my medical and perscription bills. If I didn't have this burden, I would be very weathly.

Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion.

08 Oct 2010 15:28 #7 by Martin Ent Inc
I spend alot.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds