want to beat the media

30 May 2010 22:25 #1 by Local_Historian
My nephew lives in washington with his wife and three kids - or did. one of the twins has been seriously ill since he was born - circulation issues - and it was amazing he made it to 14 months.

Well, the boy died at home, in bed, on Tuesday. typical response - social services came in, took the other kids, hauled away grandma who had been watching them. HOWEVER. Coroner finds the boy died of a heart failure, linked to his illness. Grandma's charges dropped, kids returned, mom and dad NEVER charged.

But the media felt free to criminalize them. And so did the oh so perfect parents who felt they needed to comment on the online story.

The news story said the children had been put to bed and left unattended. Ummm hello? mom, dad and grandma were all in the house - and the other two kids got up. Sick baby was still sleeping, so they left him sleeping, as per doctor's orders. Later, they found that he had died.

If putting your child to bed at night is leaving them unattended, then for f***'s sake, we're ALL guilty of that - as are all our ancestors.

I wrote a letter to the newspaper, insisting it be published. If it is not, I will publish it and send it to every media contact I have.

bastard who wrote the article didn't even take a by line, so no one can hold him accountable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds